22 - Bring Me Flowers

Cameron has to lead Rose to their destination. She tries to appear on top of her game, but Cameron knew she wasn't.

"Is my brother okay?" Rose asks as she shines the light on a familiar hump of dirt and aligned rocks.

"He tried to kill you, let's not worry about that at the moment." Cameron says and Rose frowns at him. "I took him back to your house, he didn't remember anything and he only has a scrape and a bruise. Your mom and that old guy were locked in the dining room with everything flying around and I think they are all pretty much out of their minds," He says and they place the body down and untie everything. "I think this is something you have to do alone." He says and looks at her and then to the shadow behind the tree. Gwen hides there with only her hand outstretched and Cameron stands and holds his hand out to her. She takes it and tugs him away. Rose's mouth is glued shut as they disappear.

"What do I do?" Rose asks around her and she hears a twig snap behind her. By this point, a cough could scare Rose into tears. She quickly turns and she sees McGee standing there. "You're hurt." He says with wide eyes.

"I thought you were gone." She says and wipes her eyes with her sleeve. He walks over and needs beside her.

"Without a goodbye? Of course not," He says and then looks at her shoulder. "Rose, you're bleeding really bad." He says and examines her shoulder.

"I'm fine." She says and sets the box between them. "I put everything in this one, the papers the money, everything." Rose says and her weak fingers open it.

McGee looks inside the box and pulls out the picture of him and his child. He stares at it with wide, sad eyes. "I know my name, can you believe that?" He asks with a small laugh.

"What is your name?" Rose asks him.

"My name is Andrew McGee. I'm... I was twenty-three and I had a two year old daughter named Wendy McGwire. She looked just like Anne," he says and tears escape his own eyes. "She had to be a secret or I wouldn't get the house, my father left it to me because I was the oldest. If mom found out I had a child, she would have given the house to Rosaline."

"That's why Rosaline was so angry, then? Because she wanted what you had. Her anger kept you all here." Rose finishes for him and he nods.

"Even after death she was still mad at me. So persistent," He says and smiles. He reaches over and hugs Rose tightly and for the first time he isn't cold. He is warm and Rose squeezes her eyes shut, afraid he'll disappear from her arms. "I have to go now, Rose." He says softly, stroking her hair and she sobs softly as her fingers curl in the fabric of his shirt.

"I know, I know and I'm going to miss you so much." She says and releases him and they both stand. He places his hand on her shoulder and she feels a warmth spread through it and then her pain was gone and he smiles.

McGee helps her move his body to the grave and they look over to see his family standing just behind the grave markers. No one was missing, not even Rosaline. She stood with her head down between her mother and brother.

"Brother, come on." Gwen says with a bright smile and he returns it. He walks over and takes her hand and he stands beside her.

"I'm going to miss you too, Rosanna. Bring me flowers sometimes, yeah?" He says and their lights begin to fade. "I'm thinking roses." His the last thing he says and Rose smiles sadly.

Rose places the picture in the casket with him and then closes the lid.
-
Cameron stands in the wrecked dining room when he hears his name behind him and he truns to see his brother.

Calvin had the same hair he did when they last saw him and the devilish smirk he had constantly. "Hey, little brother." Calvin says and Cameron, despite being a grown teen boy, runs over like a little kid and wraps his arms around his brother without hesitation. Cameron missed Calvin. He missed Calvin picking on him and their constant fighting.

"I miss you, Cal." Cameron says and the brothers pull apart.

"I miss you, too, Cam," He says and pats his shoulder. "I need your help for a second." Calvin walks over to Johnny, who stands at the edge of the dining table and he presses his hands to the dark haired boy's head. The wound on Johnny's head disappears and then he walks over to Mr. McGwire and Maggie and he pushes them into chairs.

"Sure, anything." Cameron says urgently as his brother places his hands on their heads. Their eyes close and he gently leans them against the table.

"Be a good kid and take care of mom and Callie for me. I messed up, and I'm sorry it has to be you." Calvin says and he has a sad, distant look on his face. He holds his hands up and the fallen objects in the room and slowly go back to their places.

"What did you do to them?" Johnny asks. He doesn't sound alarmed, more curious. He knew he shouldn't be afraid anymore.

"They are only asleep. They won't remember a thing," Calvin says and lools back to his brother. "Can you do that for me?"

"I can do that. I'll take care of them." Cameron says. He always wanted to please his brother, wanted to do everything he did and be just like him.

"Thanks." Calvin says and he walks to the window in the dining room and looks you the sky and sighs.

"I love you, Calvin." Cameron says with his fists balled at his sides and he blinks back tears.

Calvin's blue eyes drift to Cameron and he smiles. "I love you, little brother." Calvin says and he begins fading until there is no one at the window.

Rose walks into the dining room with sad eyes and she holds the box in her arm. The three teens look at each other and then around the room. "It's over." Rose says in a hoarse voice. Her face was red and dirty and streaked with tears.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Cameron says and sits in a chair.

"I am so sorry that I stabbed you," Johnny says and Rose begins laughing. The real, genuine sound fulls the room and she walks over and hugs him.

"I am so sorry you got possessed. I told you that you would be the first one, though." Rose says and Johnny laughs, too.

"Yeah, you did," Johnny says. "Go change your shirt." He says.

Rose walks to her room slowly and without fear or worry for the first time. She looks around the spiritless halls and grief consumes her again, but she holds back the emotion and walks into her room.

The doll lays across her bed and Rose sighs as runs her hand over the porcelain face. She picks it up and holds it to her and cries in the privacy of her room.