6 // Spelling

Okay let me just breathe for a second. It is really annoying when someone can't spel. See what I did there?

I'm not talking about typos. At all.

I'm talking about your everyday speling mistakes. *Wink*

When I see a mistake I want to fix it for the author. I feel really bad for them. I know this have nothing to do about cliche, but I said something that irritates me.

I'm gonna give you an example of a typo.

Do you're homework.

The author can spell, but they don't realize that they typed it wrong, because the spellcheck of the device also don't see it. But when they do this:

we is on our way to the mall. johnny brought me a icecreem and i thanked him. i thinks that he like me.

(Note: just a made up example)

No capital letters is soooo out (unless its for some type of aesthetic reason). Then wrong tenses is a big no-no. You should know the difference between brought and bought. Then when you use 'a' and there is a vowel after it, it becomes 'an' not 'a'. Singular gets a 's' in the verb, but I don't.

Johnny works in a coffee shop.
I work in a coffee shop.
We work in a coffee shop.

I'm just going to fix that awful sentence that I made up, because it's bugging me.

We are on our way to the mall. Johnny bought me an ice-cream, (ice cream) and I thanked him. I think that he likes me.

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR:

-should of
It is should've/should have

-expect/accept/except
Expect (your expectations)
*I expect a lot of my sister.
Accept is when you take it as it is.
*I accept him for who he is.
Except is without
*They are all going to the mall, except for him.

-were and we're / your and you're
Remember that we're is we are.
Also you're is you are, and your is your car. It belongs to you.

Life lesson- learn how to spell correctly