10 // Writers block

This chapter was requested.

I didn't know what that word meant until a few months ago.

So it's when you write a story and then- BOOM you're stuck. You don't know what to do next. Well, I've had some chapters like that. I think we all have.

When you are stuck, please don't:

-Let the girl pass out. (I'm serious.)
-Let her fall into a coma.
-An intruder coming inside the house, and "Oh I know you." But you still smack him with a baseball bat/pan/golf stick/or whatever.
-Start a fight.
-Don't make it cliche. That's what we do when we are stuck, we think about movies/other books and copy them.

A tip on what to do when you're stuck:

Okay this depends on how far you've written. But if you are stuck, I don't think you know how you want your story to end. Because there has to be flow and for that flow you need to have-

Your plot, beginning, climax and ending. Without them, you are lost.

When I start a story, I know all those things before I start. It's just a tip, if you're fine without planning, great.

-So plan.

What I do when I'm little stuck:

-I reread the chapter. Or previous chapter.

-I think about all my characters and what I want them to do next.

-Maybe your near the end and you're not sure how you should end it? Take. It. Slow.

-TIS that is the best advice I can give you. Think before you write. When you write slowly and you plan a little, you're not sloppy. And when you rush to get your book done... it sucks. But you should write a little every day. Make time to write, force yourself. Just a sentence or two.

-Think about your own life. What you like to do for fun. What you would do if you're in the character's position.

-Take a little break from writing. Get inspired by something/someone. Let me tell you, the people I know inspired a lot of my scenes.

-Ask around. I usually tell my dad, "Dad if ___, what would you do?" He would give me some advice and I'll ask him, "Do you have any ideas what I can do about ___?" It doesn't have to be your dad. (I only ask him because he's smart and also dislikes cliches) You can even ask your friend.

-Then another thing, you know everything about your book, but you don't know how to put it in words. Well I say you should really picture everything before you write. You can even draw it to yourself. Then you describe it as best as you can, remember the reader can't read/understand what you always mean. You have to tell them. 'Don't say what you mean, mean what you say.' Was a tip given to me by a certain friend. When you write it's supposed to be the exact opposite. Don't mean what you say, say what you mean. Tell them exactly how you picture it in your head.

-If this still doesn't help, just look around you. Something must inspire you.

You can comment your story and where you are stuck, I can give you some advice on what to do next >>

I hope this chapter helps, if it didn't, I'm sorry.