- 2 -

"DANIELLE KING, get your ass out of bed, do you know what time it is?"

My bedroom door burst open so loud I felt myself jump, my mum is nothing If not loud and intrusive at times.

I love her dearly, but the only place I want to spend today is tucked up in bed, dreaming about being on a beach somewhere isolated so I can relax and read trashy novels to my heart's content. "Yes, I'm awake, now please leave woman!" Making a move to grab the softest, and closest thing to me, a went hurtling at mum's face, smacking her beautifully in the middle. Feathers came flying out, damn it I have such great ideas with annoying consequence, wonder if I can persuade her to clean it up.

"Wipe that smirk off your face and watch your back Missy, mums are always one step ahead. By the way miss sleep a lot it's six in the evening you slept the whole damn day." laughing like an absolute coyote and winking wildly, my mum's features are surely something absolutely any man cannot resist, walking down the road generates a lot of attention in her direction. Her Blonde hair falls down her back, and her brilliant blue eyes look so icy, it sends a chill. Her make up beautifully put on but very bare in comparison to other women, especially currently, in this society. Leaving me to get my sorry butt out of bed with every intention of jumping in the shower. Stumbling sleepily towards my bathroom.

"OWWWWW" the pain came as soon after the words left my mouth, okay great so standing on a plug lying face up on the floor next to my bed wasn't in my list of things to do today along with a splitting headache that feels like woody the woodpecker has taken up residence in my brain and making himself at home. I can already tell today will be a less than fantastic day, what's left of it anyway.

Running the shower, my bathroom lighting is brighter than my soul on the best of days, finally feeling more awake and a little less precious with the shower mist hitting my face. Stealing a quick glance in the mirror, I still look so tired, and my locks have created a mind of their own. Dull coloured blue eyes, and fiery auburn hair, I like the way I look oddly, I'm not accustomed to the heavy makeup and hours it takes to try and make my hair look anything other than moderate. Wasting no time jumping in and soaking my body in the cascading water the heat and steam flying all over the room, this is easily my favourite time of day. As soon as the water hits my body, my insides are on hotting up and feeling less achy.

Finally refreshed, showered, and feeling a little less sleepy and a little more kick ass, Mum's already in my room, when I get back already raiding my cupboards. "Hey hey, get your own, you're like 30 years older than me, trying to stay young will only label you 'cougar'." I think I'm so witty sometimes, who knows maybe I am... the one thing we have is an easy-going relationship, guess you could say we're family but friends, or more like sisters who fight like kids because of a huge age gap.

"Har har, I have a date tonight with a beautifully built God like looking man in his late 20's of course I'm going to dress young. He doesn't know my age missy, or know I have a daughter." And there are just some situations you wish you could forget about completely, let alone have to listen to, trying to fight the urge to laugh until I cry. "How do you manage to pull such young, decent looking men, when the ones that are my age are nothing but glorified children carrying around college books." Cringing at the thought.