-10-

It's been twenty four hours since I left the hospital, and so far the 'couch' that I am sleeping on is almost the size of a king size bed, and I've had to endure watching countless hours of American football which also makes no sense to me. I'm totally out of my depth in boydom here, you know like a boy's kingdom?

Waiting for Zane to get out of his room is taking forever, I have to use his en suite bathroom if I want to shower, the other bathroom is in Kyle's room, and stupid I know. There's a toilet in the hallway near the front door, but just a toilet and a sink, so not helpful. Kyle and Rosie are getting ready to go out on a date tonight so it'll only be the two of us, although Zane is apparently going out in a couple of hours, I didn't ask where, I didn't want to know if it was a girl he was meeting.

"Dani can I have a word in Kyle's room? He won't mind, he's just in the kitchen." Rosie popped her head around the door and gestured for me to follow her. Walking into Kyle's room I'm pleasantly surprised to see that he's actually a massive neat freak, not one thing is out of place other than Rosie's outfit sat on the bed.

"What's up chick?" I asked.

"I wanted to have a chance to talk to you, about the other night, not about what happened to you because I know you are still trying to piece it together yourself but what happened in the diner." I knew what she was talking about, when she projected her thought right into my head, I was wondering how long it would take for her to bring it up in conversation.

"How long have you suspected? What gave it away?" I asked.

"There were a few signs, like not wanting to be touched, I know it's mostly because of your past but you also cringe when a random stranger brushes you in public by accident, or when it's my birthday or Christmas and I've never once told you what I wanted, but you turned up with the perfect gift every time because I thought about it. When I reassure things in my head, I see that you nod almost in agreement. To be honest with you I read a lot of supernatural folklore, you know it's my favourite genre, but I never started putting things like that together until I read a book about a psychic, and what she felt and how she dealt with things, just like yourself. I'm not saying that I think you are supernatural but I think you have a power that is almost a curse to you. By the way I think it's so cool, but I also assume you didn't tell me because you thought I would think you were a total nutter?" Well colour me amazed, I really thought I hid it well.

"Exactly that, you are my only real friend and basically my only family member when mum goes AWOL, I am ashamed because I should have known you wouldn't have bat an eye lid, maybe part of me really did want to think it was crazy." I sighed.

"Dani, this is something really cool, but you seem to control it so well so it can't be that much of a bad omen. Tell me about it, all of it and don't leave a thing out." She pleaded.

"I guess I'll try and give you the short version, but it started after that night, the night where..." My breath caught, this was harder than I thought.

"Ignore that bit, I already know that night, keep going." That's why I love her. "Well it all started that night, when I finally got myself home, my emotions were heightened I wanted to die so badly, I wanted to forget what had happened. The scars on my back that came from them, it hurt so much, when it was all happening I read their thoughts, their intentions and saw their auras. It's like I was looking out of someone else's eyes.
I can see colours around people, meaning different moods and desires. As well as read their thoughts, sometimes people are thinking so loud their thoughts project right into my head, and other times it just takes a brush, or a slight touch for me to tune in. But when I was in the hospital, I figured out how to hear your thoughts without touch, without anything other than the want to." She looked stunned, maybe I hit her with too much too soon.

"First of all I want to slap you, for not telling me this a long time ago, and I am going to hug you right now, because it must be so god damn hard to deal with all alone." She embraced me so tight I feared she wouldn't let go.

"Which brings me to the night at the diner, a woman projected her thoughts right at me, and told me some things I really didn't want to hear, who knows she could have just been a crazy old cow, but that's the thing Rose, she knew about my power." Rosie looked confused.

"Wait, what did she tell you? Did she hurt you?" I didn't want to keep things from her anymore.

"She told me that my life was in danger, that I have been marked. She told me to use my power, and watch myself, and then she disappeared, so I turned to walk back to my car and tripped on a trash bag, you know how much of a klutz I am. I lifted the lid to the bin and chucked it in. out of nowhere she was right behind me, her hand grabbed my shoulder and waves of pain radiated through my body. The bin lid landed on my hand, I heard bones crack and everything went dark. She told me she was a seer, Rosie. Do you know anything about supposed Seers?" She smiled.

"A seer is someone with supernatural insight to the future, so they get visions, which is why she must have sensed you were in danger Dani. Another name for her is a prophetess, did you get her name?"

"I didn't, it's the only thing she wouldn't tell me, so I feel like I am walking blind on tight rope here."

"There's nothing more we can do now, I just need to get better, stronger and then I can get a handle on reading people more, vague warnings suck. Just have a good time with Kyle tonight, I'll be just fine." We embraced again and Rosie projected a thought right into my head.
'I love you Dani, remember our promise, together always.'

I laughed as I walked out of the room, I'll have to get used to that. I sat down on the couch and flicked through the channels, settling for an old re run of gossip girl I curled up in the duvet and got myself comfortable.

Rosie and Kyle went out, and Zane is working out in his room, I can see inside his room from where I'm sat in the living room, I am trying so hard not to look and focus on the TV. He stood up off of his weight bench and started stretching, I could feel my heart beat quickening. The sweat was rolling down his chest and his abs had popped right out, I wanted to trace every vein on his body with my mouth. Snap out of it Dani, get some pride I thought to myself. He looked at me, catching me staring at his god like body, probably with drool hanging out of my mouth. I swear I caught him smirking at me, before shutting his door.

You've got it bad Dani. Get a grip.

 Get a grip