-13-

ZANE'S POV

ZANE'S POV

Staring at the droplets of water, cascading down the window and falling to the floor in a violent splash. Each drop more interesting than the last, or at least more interesting than the company I have chosen to keep.

Taking Lisa out for the night is as eventful as ever, I know what she had for breakfast this morning, the latest gossip on Elise, her trusty sidekick, how much she despises people that don't feel the need to at least try with their appearance, and the best of all, just what she thinks of that 'loser' crashing at our apartment.

She's grilled me for almost half an hour now, as to why Dani is crashing with us, and pouting each time she thinks I'm lying. What does she expect to hear? Of course she's crashing with us because shes the sex doll I can have any time I want.. no. Although that would make her jealous, and even more annoying than she is right now.

"I just don't get it you know, what people see in that girl? What makes her so special?" She asked, with a sour smile plastered on her, overly lipstick stained mouth.

Shrugging, hoping this topic will end.
"I don't know, maybe she's just real you know? Like she's interesting to have around because she doesn't pull others down, to make herself feel idolised."

"Uh, how else do you get people to respect you, and fear you, all at the same time?" I looked for the humour in her voice, but she was being dead serious, and suddenly all appeal of being with this desperate, conceited, airhead tonight, vanish.

The only reason I agree to keep taking her out is because she's easy, and easy is for the most part, fun. Usually this would be my favourite thing in the world, wrap a girl around my finger and see how much I can push her, before she is practically giving herself to me.

I don't care for emotions, mine or anyone else's, well I didn't for the longest time. In fact being emotionally detached from everything has been the easiest thing for me to do, since I was a young boy, and I watched my parents drive off, after leaving me at a church, they didn't want me, I was never truly wanted by anyone, why should I want anyone in return? If they will just leave in the end?

I don't care for love, or the silly aspects of finding 'the one', do I?

Breaking out of my thoughts, Lisa was still talking, about trash no doubt, she talks just to hear her own voice, her own incessantly, annoying, squeaky voice. I looked up, and felt the biggest wave of relief.

Kyle and Rosie had walked into the restaurant, and I couldn't have flagged them down quick enough, rosie pretended she didn't see me, and Kyle laughed nervously in our direction. I shot him a knowing look, he owed me this one thing at least, what else are brothers for, if not for cock blocking.