A Change in Mood

Taehyung

My bruises were becoming more and more uncomfortable by the minute, but I still clamped my mouth shut and didn't utter a word. 

The others were also unusually quiet, each of them in their own worlds, deep in thought.

I felt another wave of guilt crash over me, and I built yet another firm wall around my thoughts. This was all my fault. Why'd I have to be so weak? Those anti-fans for once were right, I didn't deserve to be a part of BTS, after all, I only seemed to bring misfortune. I was being a burden to my members; I was the hole in the group. I could just imagine Bang PD-nim's meeting regarding the beginning of BTS. "Hey, nothing can be perfect so why not bring this dude in? He'll make the group seem more realistic. But let's make him a secret member and add him in later just so the public can be satisfied for a little bit before he comes along." I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what the sudden urgent meeting they had after my audition was about. 

I was so lost in my depressing thoughts, that I failed to notice that we were at our dorms. 

"Yah, Taetae! We're here!" I heard Jimin yell.

I slowly looked up at him and moved to get out of the car.

Instantly, I was met with a piercing pain in my shoulder, calves, and just everywhere in general. I couldn't help but let out a cry in shock as I sat back down. My head spun at the intense pain I was feeling in my body and with pure mental strength, I managed not to black out. 

"Hyung, you okay?" an alarmed voice rang in my ear.

I shook my head to clear the fuzziness I was seeing and turned to face Jungkook who had magically appeared by my side in the van. He was completely tense, staring so intensely at me that I had to look down.

"Calm down, I'm okay," I mumbled, attempting to get up again.

But the pain, if possible, was worse and I let out a strangled gasp. 

Jungkook instinctively reached out to help me, but I pushed him away.

"Hey, I've already burdened you guys enough, I'm good. You go on ahead, I'm sure it'll get better after a few minutes." 

I was lying. I wasn't good, what so ever. I didn't want him to go on ahead without me either. Thankfully, it seemed that Jungkook was determined to help me. 

"Hyung..." he almost whined as he gave me a desperate look. 

In the end, I let him help me out of the car: he carried me princess-style as I'd "strain my shoulder" if he gave me a piggy-back ride. I made him put me down before we reached the dorm, however, because Jimin snickering beside me was enough, and I didn't want to deal with my hyungs teasing me too. It was embarrassing, simply put.

Jungkook

I could tell V-hyung was flustered by the way he fanned himself and looked the other direction. At least I took his mind off of his worries for a little while. 

"Why are we waiting out here? Why did the Hyungs lock the door? Are they seriously playing a joke on us now?" V-hyung growled. 

His tone was a bit harsh, but I recognized the true reason behind it. His legs were shaking and his hands were pulled into fists. He was obviously in pain just by standing up.

I banged on the door in impatience. What were the Hyungs doing, making V-hyung suffer like this? I didn't dare ask V-hyung if he wanted me to carry him again, because I knew his answer already. Finally, however, after a few more minutes of waiting Jin-hyung opened the door with a smile on his face.

"Sorry, did we keep you waiting? Come in, come in, we've got a surprise for you!" he exclaimed as he ushered the three of us in. 

I watched V-hyung cautiously as he stumbled in, his fists clenched tighter and he pursed his lips, trying not to make a sound. My heart ached at the sight, but I stayed quiet. 

It turned out that the surprise was a celebration for three months of rest. At first, V-hyung looked even more depressed at the reminder, but after a while he began to relax and enjoy the food and the games. He remained seated on the couch, and didn't move the entire party, but I could tell he was happy by the various expressions on his face. 

It was nearing nine when Jin-hyung suggested we play another game. Truth or Dare.

"Suga, truth or dare?" Jiminie-hyung asked. 

He chose truth.

"Who's your favorite member?"

"Today? Taehyungie!" he exclaimed without hesitation. V-hyung looked down bashfully, obviously feeling much better compared to a few hours ago. He grinned widely, his signature box-like smile, and I felt my heart soar. I was thrilled that things were returning back to normal. No, I take that back, better than normal. 

"All right, our maknae, truth or dare?" Yoongi-hyung turned to me. 

I chose truth. 

"Now that we have all this time, what's the first thing you're going to do tomorrow?"

I glanced over at V-hyung whose face darkened at the mention of all the free time we'd be having. His smile disappeared just as quickly as the soaring feeling in my chest did. He was upset again. 

"Hopefully, wake up?" I joked.

Everyone groaned, and V-hyung lightly shoved my shoulder. I grinned at him.

"Fine. The first thing I'm going to do is..uh...make breakfast for V-hyung!" I declared without really thinking.

Everyone smiled, making aww and ooh sounds. 

"What about me?" Jiminie-hyung asked in an almost whining manner. He leaned in towards me and wrapped an arm around my arm, opening his eyes wide and pouting his lips. 

"You can go get breakfast wherever you want. V-hyung doesn't have that leisure, unless he wants to bother our manager hyungs which you know he won't," I replied, playfully shoving him off.

"Thanks."

I looked up in surprise at V-hyung who had a serious expression on his face. He nodded once, licked his lips, and smiled. I grinned back, happy I made a change in his mood.