Chapter 34- Blaize | Don't Look Behind You

Chapter 34: Don't Look Behind You

Blaize Campbell was seconds away from cutting a bitch. 

She stared him down as he walked down the couple of steps on the staff only building with papers and a clipboard in his hand. He hadn't seen her yet, but he knew she was waiting. As Reed Hudson looked around trying to see if he could spot Blaize, she sneered and came out from the shade of the tree that she was leaning on. 

She walked in a one way path straight to him. Behold, she thought 'Tis the very bitch I'd like to cut 

When Reed spotted her, he stopped in his tracks and glanced behind him. He was the last to come out. Blaize saw as the other teachers and professors came out 10 minutes ago. In fact, even Jonathan Roux came out first. Everyone except him. 

"Ms. Campbell" he said casually, as if he were meeting her for only the second time. She shook her head and cut him off before he could say anything else. "What the fuck did you do about it then?" 

She watched as his eyebrows arched up and a smirk hit the small corner of his lips. He tilted his head and looked at her under the sun. She was wearing sweatpants and a tank top, nothing remotely special. Her hair was held up with a pencil and she didn't even wash her face this morning. 

Blaize frowned and changed her posture awkwardly under the scrutiny. As if he won that little mind game they played, he walked closer to Blaize and completely ignored what she asked. "I can't wait to spend all that nauseating time with you in Cozumel" 

Blaize faltered. Her heart sped up and her mouth went dry. She looked at his features to see if he was bluffing in any way and then for the first time, her voice came out lost. "I'm not going... I'm going back home - I already asked my mother to send in the dismissal slip" 

Reed looked genuinely sad for her. He brought up the wad of documents he had in his hand and shuffled through it before he found one marked with a post it. He passed it to Blaize and sighed. "They want to keep an eye on me... I sold them the story on how I heard a shout coming from the forest so I went in to see what it was... I don't know if they believed me or not, but the Jonathan kid backed me up and said he heard the same noise. Fuck knows why he did it, I'm assuming he's friends with you" 

Blaize shook her head as if nothing was computing into her system. He motioned to the paper and Blaize looked down, her legs lost balance and she staggered back as if what she was seeing pushed her. It was her mothers signature and e-receipt paying for both her and her brother to go to the island for half term break. Blaize knew her mother got her email, but she never knew that Clifton asked for both of them to go on this trip. 

Of course she did what he wanted, she thought. 

Blaize looked up to her professor standing before him. He looked more like himself this morning. He had heavy bags under his eyes and his whole body emitted how tired he was. He had more emotion in his eyes, and Blaize wanted to run to him and cover her body with his. 

Neither of them said anything but an understanding passed between them. This trip was going to test them both, they would be watched and nothing could slip up. They held eye contact for a long second before he looked down and whispered to the grass. 

"I'm sorry Blaize, for everything" he looked back up at her and turned around and walked to the direction of the staff cabins. Blaize stood there in the middle of the courtyard feeling sadness wash over her and as she swallowed, she felt her throat clog up and it was like she couldn't breathe. Like she wouldn't ever be able to, like no one wanted her too. The feeling hit her nervous system and her cardiovascular system. Her whole body felt hijacked, and all she could do was feel it.