THE RUIVIN FANTASY 02

**********DISCLAIMER**********

* EVERYTHING WRITTEN BELOW IS COMPLETELY MADE UP AND THOUGHT OF BY 2 CRAZY FANGIRLS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED TO STOP OR YOU RISK GETTING DIABETES AT A YOUNG AGE. CHARACTERS USED BELOW DO NOT BELONG TO US EITHER. * no matter how much we would love for it to be true * PLEASE DO NOT KILL US IF YOU EVER CHANCE UPON THIS, RUIEN AND ELVIN. WE CAME IN PEACE :D

P.S. ANY EVENTS OR CHARACTERS THAT ARE SIMILAR IN REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. * Other than Rui En and Elvin Ng obviously *

CHAPTER 2

Upon reaching my hotel room, the very first thing I did was to nosedive into my bed. I was dead beat and exhausted as I had practically started filming early in the morning today from 4am till 8pm. Many always mistakened the entertainment industry to be full of glitz and glamour, not knowing the enormous amount of hard work as well as sacrifice all artists put in. Even for just one short scene, there is a large amount of detail needed to be paid attention to -- from every word to every action. I made myself comfortable as I took off my contacts and wore my spectacles, pulling the covers over my legs. I reached out for a magazine before reading the script, for some simple relaxation and happened to chanced upon a review a reporter penned for his trip to the Maldives in 'TIME' magazine. The pictures he took were indeed spellbinding, with all of it looking so surreal. The pictures and his descriptions of the clear turquoise-blue waters and the scorching sun with the "burning hot sand that would always get stuck beneath my toes" made me immediately fall in love with the article. My dream vacation would be to visit the Maldives, where I could enjoy seeing the turquoise blue waves crash onto the sandy golden beach and against the rocks, creating a natural symphony. Those are one of the few sounds in the world that could make me feel at peace, and let me relax. I could spend a whole day just staring at the waves with the clear blue sky, almost a reflection of the sea itself, although I would never swim. Since I was an actress, I tend to have a highly overactive imagination and would always think that a shark would find me particularly attractive enough to devour me whole or even a tsunami approaching the island, causing me to drown and die. And trust me when I say I like to die as a whole and the cause of it being natural death. Another dream "vacation" of mine would be to stay and laze at home all day, either catching up on the movies and dramas I missed or even just to sleep. I could literally stay in for one week without having to step out of my house at all. Everything is at home, and I must say I am content. But there was just the lack of sleep. Sleeping is something I valued a lot after entering the entertainment industry. However, I know that a break was out of question. My schedule was already packed and I was to film Unriddle 2 right after Code of Honour.

Speaking of which, I am excited to film that drama. I missed filming with my best friend in the industry, or should I say my only trusted friend in the industry, my ZHDD. She was a veteran and had lots of experience which really makes me feel in awe of her. Since she started her career when the entertainment industry just started, she had to film in many harsher conditions as compared to now. I enjoy listening to her stories and they also make me feel thankful that the entertainment industry has become so advanced nowadays and I would never have to experience what she has experienced, which I highly doubt I will be able to go through. But I must say though, that was not the only reason why I wanted to film Unriddle 2 so much. XiaoMan was not as perfect as she seemed to be in Unriddle, thus making her seemed more humane and a more realistic character wise, as everyone makes mistakes and nobody is ever perfect. And also the fact that they will probably add more action scenes for me. I always loved the challenge of stretching myself beyond the limit to constantly improve myself. Meanwhile, there will also be a few addition to the characters, mainly Elvin, who would be my all time rival cum lover in the show. His role would be to prevent me from making ruthless and despicable actions just to to win. However, the only reason why 'I' had such a competitive nature was due to the fact that 'my' mother had extremely high expectations for me since young therefore 'I' would try my best in order to please her and gain her approval. In a sense, you could say that Xiao Man was actually a victim. She was a victim of her past, where she was not able to step out from her mother's shadows. With the increasing amount of pressure that was in a way, a burden to her, Xiao Man slowly changed her perspective on what was right and and what was wrong, slowly changing towards the "dark side" where she even fabricated evidence to ensure that her ex-professor was given the punishment he deserved for deceiving her as well as went out if control after knowing that her mother was kidnapped by her university junior, a psychologist.