THE RUIVIN FANTASY 08

A blast of cool air blew in my face as we walked in. It was quite cold and it was actually a good thing that Elvin made me wear that cardigan just now. We were walking at the same pace and at times our shoulders would brushed past each other's. He would apologise for bumping into me but there really wasn't a need to, I really didn't mind if he brushes my shoulder. After all, every time I bumped into him, there would be this fuzzy warm tingling feeling that runs through my body. I still have no idea what causes them but the only thing I know is that they only happen when I'm with Elvin. However, I can't exactly tell him that right? Can you imagine me saying " Oh Elvin, do brush your shoulder near mine more often so that I get to feel that warm tingly feeling I have never felt before...at least not before meeting you." He would probably stare at me like I have gone bonkers. That's why I always laughed it off whenever he did. And Elvin would return his warm smile when he heard that, causing me to smile as well. He quickened his steps and went straight to the counter to get his ticket while I leaned against a nearby pillar. A movie date..those words kept replaying in my head like a broken recorder... Damn, what was I thinking? I snapped back into reality as I saw a ticket being displayed right in front of my eyes. "Hey, stop daydreaming, the movie is starting soon!" Elvin placed his hand on my shoulder, showing me the way to the queue to order our snacks for the movie. We were here to watch a martial arts movie called 《武侠》or also known as Dragon. At that point of time the screening of the movie was about to end so I could only view it at this cinema we were currently at. I started to get addicted to martial arts films and started to watched many by some of the more famous actors, such as 甄子丹 which was the main actor for this movie. I don't usually watch these kind of movies but ever since I received this drama, I started to watch them to do some extra research for my role. That's what I always do to prepare for new roles after all. I would usually read what they'll most likely read, research on people that are similar to them. Otherwise, I would also watch movies/dramas. Basically I'll try to be them and not act like them. I guess that's one reason why I can incorporate into new roles easily.

We arrived at the place where they were selling their Theatre Food, which was truthfully a little overpriced but we had no choice. I was hungry and I could sense that he was too by the way he was staring at the lighted signs which displayed tantalizing pictures of popcorn, hotdogs, nachos and even small snacks such as potato chips--my absolute favourite. "Hey! How about we get that combo meal there? One large drink, popcorn and nachos. Sounds good? We could share them so it would be less pricy, is that okay with you?" Elvin pointed excitedly at the special combos they were selling. He looked like a little five-year-old asking his mother for ice cream, which I had to admit was a pretty hilarious sight for a man with a tall and buff figure...but it was quite cute too. No, no. Not cute. Focus here Rui En, now what did he say again? Oh right, the combos. "What, why? I mean it's just a few dollars more. I don't mind spending the money. Anyways, it's my money so you don't have to worry about spending too much" I said, slightly taken aback by his words. He doesn't even have my number and yet, now he wants to.. share saliva? Though I was alright with sharing a drink with closer friends, the thought of a male sharing a drink with me was perhaps a little too intimate for me. " But you said you'll listen to me today. And I said that we'll share a drink. Are you going back on your word now? " He pointed a finger towards me and shook it, as if trying to scold me for going back on my words. "Well, no means no. And anyways I don't really want popcorn..I would rather prefer to get my potato chips. You can get that combo for your own self. I think I would stick to my Coke and chips, thank you very much. " I replied, adding a hint of snarkiness at the end, just to get a little on his nerves. "Well then, I see that I'm left with no choice is it? Fine, fine. Anyways I thought you would like popcorn so I wanted to get that combo. I really detest it actually. I think I would stick to my Coke and nachos then, thank you very much. " It began to become like a little game, of us trying to make each other feel frustrated, but it was all in good fun. I was a little happy and slightly touched in the inside though, when he said he detested popcorn but still wanted to get it for me. Elvin was still as considerate as before, even at these types of smaller situations, he would think of others.