02 - The Deal

"Hahahahahahahahahha!" Serena was laughing so hard that her stomach was starting to hurt. "I'm sorry did I just hear you correctly? I have liked Tristan for 2 years and he hasn't fully acknowledged me or even properly talked to me and you think in less than what 3 months time he's going to like me back? You've gone mental Malfoy"

"No, I haven't. How about we make ourselves a deal, if he likes you by then I win but if not you win."

"And what, pray tell, do I get out of this deal?"

"We'll figure that out soon" Draco reached out his hand and because Serena thought she wouldn't really lose anything from this, she took his hand and shook on it with Blaise as their witness.

"Brilliant! Good luck to you both" Blaise was amused at what was happening in front of him. If he thought that his last year at Hogwarts would be boring, this surely changes things.

"I still don't trust you Malfoy. You're acting very different, well besides being the cocky git you are, that hasn't changed, unfortunately." Serena looked at Draco with a curious look.

"You don't really know that much about me do you now? So you can't judge me for my past actions and as to why the sudden change, that's for me to know and you find out." Draco smirked.

"Oh trust me, I will" Serena smirked back at Draco.

"I think you two are forgetting about me. Insulting really, since my presence is known to be enthralling" Blaise interrupted the two.

"Ugh. I'll be going now. You two are incorrigible." Serena said while leaving the table. "You better get used to us Collins, cause when Monday starts, the deal starts as well" Draco was calling after her but she only waved back, not even turning around to face them.

Later that night in the boy's dorm room in Slytherin house, Draco Malfoy was having trouble sleeping. Which is nothing new to him ever since the events of the war. He and Blaise would usually wake each other up by the screams of their nightmares, but this night was peaceful and quiet and just when Draco thought he was about to peacefully drift in his sleep...

"SERENA COLLINS!"

Draco violently sat up, "Bloody hell, Zabini! I was about to fall asleep! I'm telling your girlfriend you're screaming someone else's name when you're asleep." Even if it was pitch dark in their room Blaise could feel the angry stare of Draco but he didn't care. "It's not like that! Look I've been thinking since we talked with Collins earlier and wondered why her name was so familiar."

"Maybe because she's in our year and she has been our housemate since we were 11?" Draco turnedon the lamp beside him, sleep has now left his body.

"No... Well, yes.. But she's rather popular, I just didn't expect it to be her"

"What do you mean? What about her?"

Blaise turned to him, shocked he didn't know, "Serena Collins, mate, she's the famous muggle-born Slytherin"

Draco's eyes widened. He looked at his friend "she's the one they've been talking about?!"

"Apparently so. I now remember when Theo told me about her back in second year but she looked so different before compared to now."

"Huh, I've always imagined that girl looking like a pathetic Weasley or Longbottom but she actually looks like a pureblood Slytherin"

"So do you still want to help her? Is this going to change things?" Blaise asked.

"Of course it doesn't! This is actually even more perfect! I decided to help her to start changing the horrid reputation of the Malfoys because of my father, and this would make it even better because she's muggle-born."