08 - The Glare

After saying goodbye to her parents, Serena and Draco were now set to go back to Hogwarts. When they arrived in their school they discovered classes have been suspended since yesterday because of what happened with the Death Eaters in Hogsmeade. They saw Blaise in the Slytherin common room and when he saw his friends enter the room together, a devilish grin spread across his face.

Serena excused herself and went to her room leaving Draco with his friend. "So... How was your stay at Collins' house?" Blaise asked, placing one arm around Draco's shoulder leading him to sofa.

"Oh would you wipe that pathetic smile off your face"

"C'mon tell me the details! Did you slither in her bed?" Blaise playfully elbowed his friend on his side. "I've always wanted to use that pun"

Draco just rolled his eyes. "Something is wrong with you mate. By the way, how the hell did you get all those information from Professor Mcgonagall? Since when did you two become best friends?"

"We're not! I actually got the information from Lovegood and relayed it to you"

"That makes sense"

"So?"

"So what?!" Draco was clearly annoyed and Blaise was clearly enjoying it.

"Tell me what happened while you were there!"

Draco glared and was shooting daggers at his very annoying 'friend'.

"What? Nothing happened?!"

"Of course nothing happened! If you've forgotten she fancies door matt, not me!"

Something in Draco's sentence seemed off and bitter. "Do you fancy her?" Blaise asked.

"What?! Of course not! You really have gone mental Zabini" Draco stormed off and went into the boy's dorm rooms.

"Something definitely happened during his stay there" Blaise whispered to himself.

-------------------------------------------

It's been 3 days since Draco and Serena returned and although they acted like everything was normal, Blaise could definitely see something different between them. Whether it was Draco's lingering gaze on Serena or how she couldn't look at Draco in the eye, he sensed it and he so badly wants to find out what really happened.

They were having dinner at the Great Hall when Serena excused herself to head to the infirmary. "What's wrong? You feeling ill?" Blaise asked.

"No, but I do have a nasty headache"

"Do you need us to accompany you?" Draco noticed how his voice was a bit too caring so he quickly added a tease, "don't want you to go fainting here. You're too heavy to carry"

"Malfoy this is the second time you've hinted that I'm fat! Ugh, I better go you two aren't helping" Serena got up and went on her way.

When she left Blaise simply laughed at him and shook his head. "What are you laughing about?" He asked, irritated but Blaise just continued on eating.