14 - The Moonlight

Serena immediately went to her room after leaving Tristan's freezing state. When she arrived at the privacy of her room she was feeling all sorts of things.

She was furious with him! Two years wasted on a worthless, no-good, sorry, pathetic prick! She felt her heartbreak, not because she loved him, but because she was fooled, played, deceived, and utterly humiliated. She felt that she should cry, but no tears would form and she thought it as a good thing since he surely wasn't worth it. But she was hurt, and she felt it deep within her. And before she knew it, she cast a nonverbal spell to the vase across her and it burst into tiny pieces.

The next day was the time the students were to go home for the Holidays. Serena hasn't seen her friends since yesterday since she mostly stayed in her room breaking stuff, and then fixing them, and then breaking them again, and the cycle continued until she got tired and fell asleep... Which happened around early morning, and the bags under her eyes were there to prove it.

She was now nearing the Hogwarts Express, and she was trying to find her two friends. Although she wasn't entirely sure if they would even go home since she forgot to ask them, but just before she boarded the express, she saw Blaise and Draco from afar heading towards the train.

She ran towards them trying to fake the biggest smile she could muster. "Blaise, Malfoy! So you two are going home as well?" She asked as she was catching her breath.

"Yup, Draco here will be coming home with me" Blaise replied.

"Awwww how sweet. You two---" but before Serena could finish her teasing, she saw Draco's very angry glare. She could practically see flaming daggers flying towards her.

"M-Malfoy?" She asked she was a bit scared, to be honest. She's never seen him so furious before and what's worse is she didn't know why he was mad at her. But he didn't answer, he simply walked away shoving her in the process.

Serena looks at him as he walked away and turned to Blaise. "What's wrong with him? Did I do something?"

Blaise shrugged. "I don't know. He's been like that since he entered our room yesterday, he wouldn't talk to me no matter how many times I ask him"

"Well good luck with him, seeing you'll be spending the whole break with him"

"Thanks, I need all the luck I can get. Grumpy Draco is not fun to be with. Did you have trouble sleeping last night? You look terrible"

"Why thank you Blaise, how very gentlemanly of you. But yes I wasn't able to sleep well last night"

"Did something happen to you too?"

Serena just teasingly smiled at Blaise.

"You know, I'm seriously getting offended here. I thought I was your friend but neither of you would tell me anything. Am I that untrustworthy?"

Serena just laughed, placing her arm around his shoulder, leading him to the train. Both her and Blaise rode on the Hogwarts Express back to platform 9 3/4 . They both sat on the open seats but Draco didn't join them. When they arrived, the students were bustling around saying their goodbyes and looking for their parents or family members.

"Looks like I better find Draco," Blaise said when they both stepped off the train.

"Okay, you sound like a parent looking for their lost kid" Serena chuckled.

"Oh, I am. And before I forget, you better give me a Christmas present the next time we see each other"

"Oh yeah! I'm sorry I got so caught up with the exams that I forgot to buy you guys gifts. But don't worry I'll give you if you give me a gift as well and that includes Draco" Serena said, pointing a finger in the air.