27 - The Question

It was Friday, the day before Valentine's day. Serena was glad because she already had a plan for Valentine's. The problem was her date-to-be.

She and Draco still hadn't talked to each other since that night. It was mostly her fault thought for bursting at him. It wasn't easy to admit her fault, to apologize, maybe it was the Slytherin in her, but for them to spend time on Valentine's she had to apologize first.

Serena waited outside Draco's classroom. It was only this class that he didn't have with Blaise, it was also his first class which meant Serena had to wake up extra early just so she could talk to him without interruptions.

When Draco went out of the classroom he was surprised to see Serena just a few feet away, leaning on the wall. She was looking at her shoes. He was surprised to see her because he knew that Serena didn't have any early morning classes since she hates waking up early.

She had a worried, and nervous look on her face. He knew she was here to apologize and he was already smiling at how adorable she looked.

He approached her trying to look annoyed. He didn't exactly know how he should play this off, but he wanted to tease her a bit.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

She looked up, surprised to see he was already standing in front of her. "Oh umm.... well..."

"Yes?"

"Well, I just wanted to say.... about yesterday...." Serena said nervously

Draco was trying too hard not to smile. She was so incredibly cute, she was biting her lip, and looking at the ground. He honestly wanted to hug her, but he was also having fun teasing her.

"Spit it out, I don't have all day and my next class is starting soon"

"Yes...... about yesterday.... I'd like to apologize...... For suddenly bursting out on you, see I was in a bit of a dilemma and I took it out in you when you were just being concerned for me. I'm sorry" Serena sighed, she was so nervous and her heart was beating quite fast. She looked up expecting to see Draco unmoved with her apology but to her surprise, she saw him trying to hold a smile"

"Are you laughing at me?!" Serena said feeling insulted "Do you know how hard it is for me to do this?!"

"Sorry, it's just you looked so adorable I couldn't help it! I wasn't really mad at you though. And apology accepted" Draco laughed.

Serena slapped his arm. "Ow!" exclaimed Draco.

"You should be glad I'm in a better mood now or else you would receive far worse than a slap!" said Serena

"Did you really wake up this early just so you could apologize?" Draco asked changing the topic

Serena nodded "Yes that, and.....tomorrow..." Serena rolled her eyes to the side, unable to look at him directly.

"What about it?" Draco shrugged.

"I'm not sure if you like, or want to do it, or if you're interested in this kind of stuff and I know it's very last minute but tomorrow is Valentine's day and I wonder if you'd like to go on a date with me?"

Draco had to admit that he was left speechless. He looked at her not expecting what she said. He never cared about the damn holiday, he thought it was a foolish holiday created by muggles, a pathetic excuse to make them feel loved.

Draco was no stranger to invitations for Valentine's day but he just dismissed them all. He didn't want to do anything with the said day, but now.... now it seems everything has changed.

When Serena asked him he felt his heart beat faster, his stomach started to sprout butterflies, and he felt warm inside. He never felt this way before, it was a different kind of feeling, a fuzzy feeling. He felt.....

Happy

It was a feeling he wasn't accustomed to. Sure he has laughed, he had some fun, but this was an all-new emotion. An emotion he wasn't sure he was allowed to feel after everything he's done.

And because of that, Valentine's day is now looking to be the most important holiday of the year.

"Draco?" Serena asked when Draco didn't answer after a while. "If you're not interested then I understand.... I was actually thinking that maybe you're not into this... but if you..."

"I'd love to" Draco interrupted her.

Serena's eyes were wide "Really?"

"Yes. I'm glad you asked. I'd love to go on a date with you" There was something different in the way Draco said those words. His voice sounded deeper, serious, and sultry. Serena felt her heart flutter.

Draco hugged her unable to hold it in anymore. He hugged her tight, and everything about her just seemed perfect. Her hair was soft against his hand, she smelled of vanilla and cocoa butter, and her body just felt right when held her close, almost like two puzzle pieces connecting.

"I love you" Draco whispered. Serena was about to let go of the hug to look at him but he hugged her tightly refusing to let her go.

Serena was rather glad Draco hugged her tightly since she was smiling from ear to ear when she heard what Draco just whispered and she too hugged him tightly.

-----------------------------------------------

It was finally Valentine's and Serena was feeling extra nervous. She told Draco that they should meet at Hogsmeade so that it would really feel like a "muggle date". She hasn't told him her plans yet but she's sure he'll be willing to ride along.

She took one last look at herself in the mirror and was satisfied by her look, so she walked over her dressing table, took a perfume bottle her mum gave her and spritzed it on her. She went to her door took a deep breath and left.

Draco was already at Hogsmeade 10 minutes earlier. He was debating whether he should be early or late, he didn't want to be too excited. But when he checked out the window and saw it was lightly snowing, he decided to go early since he didn't want her to freeze while waiting for him.

He checked his watch, the watch she gave him on Christmas, and saw that it was already 5 minutes after their meeting time. Draco had to admit that he was beginning to feel frustrated, he didn't like it when other people are late. Especially when he has to wait in the cold.

He would have used a warming spell on him but his wand suddenly went missing. He looked everywhere, and it was unusual for him to lose it since he always has it with him. He wanted to continue looking for it but worried he might be late if he did.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, and because he was too busy thinking about his wand, he was caught by surprise. He turned around and what he saw in front of him took him by surprise even more.

Serena was wearing a beautiful, yet simple blouse, matched with a black flowy skirt. It ended above her knees but her legs were covered in black stocking and was wearing black ankle boots. Her hair was curled, tied half-up and half-down.

She was breathtaking.

"Have you been waiting here long? I'm so sorry it took a while for me to dress. Are you cold? Maybe we should..."

Serena was cut short when she felt a pair of lips touch her forehead.

"You look achingly beautiful, Serena Collins" Draco complimented, when he finally stepped away from her.

Serena's face suddenly turned as red as her top. Yes, Draco could be sweet at times but this is a whole new level of Draco! So she just turned around and walked away hoping Draco would follow her.

Draco smiled at how flustered Serena became when he complimented her, and when he thought she couldn't look even more perfect than she did, she turned around. And on her hair was the bow tie he has given her last Christmas.

He smiled once again. He caught up to her, reaching for her hand and held it tightly.

They walked together hand in hand looking forward for the day to come