17 - The Past

At exactly 10 minutes later, Serena saw Draco appear in her bedroom. "You're punctual," She said with a smile.

"And you're not" he replied.

"Hey what's that supposed to mean?"

"So what do you want to talk about?" Draco asked ignoring her question.

"What were you about to ask my parents Draco?" She asked, ignoring his question.

He arched his brow. He was right, his assumptions were correct but he couldn't just accept it. "Well, because of what happened last night, I wanted to be a proper gentleman and ask your parents if we could formally date! But here you are about to tell me that it was all a mistake, and you got carried away again!" He couldn't keep it in anymore, he was too angry.

"What?! No! That's not what I wanted to talk to you about! Jeesh Draco you should really calm down sometimes"

"Oh," Draco cleared his throat, embarrassed. "Well, tell me what you need to then!"

"Bossy" She teased. "I just, I wanted to tell you something before we take things further. You told me your past, and your mistakes and I accept you for who you are but... I want you to accept me for who I am, for what I did"

"Of course I will, I'm sure..."

"No, wait. Please let me finish before you say anything else. And... This has to be between you and me. You CANNOT tell anyone else, not even Blaise. If I want him to know I should be the one to tell myself. Promise me you'll keep this a secret"

He nodded. "I promise"

"Okay, let's go" Serena suddenly took Draco's hand and they apparated to the spot where Serena had taken him before. The one with the breathtaking view.

The view at night was even better. The sky was clear, and looking at it seems like you're actually looking at the whole universe, the trees in the forest were dusted with snow, and the lake was iced. It looked so picturesque.

They both sat on the rock. They were silent, appreciating the wonders before them.

"This place is even more beautiful at night. We would always leave before it gets dark since dad thinks it would be dangerous for us to hike down at night" Serena said, smiling at the view.

"Shame, this is much better than what we see in the astronomy tower" Draco replied, also mesmerized by the view. "Why did you take me here?" He then asked

"I don't know. Honestly, I was thinking where the best place we could talk and here we are" she paused and took a deep breath. "S-so where to start"

"Are you sure you want to talk about this? You're obviously nervous"

"No, I'm not!" She argued, crossing her arms. But Draco just half-smiled at her. "You always stutter when you're nervous," He said

He was right. Serena would always stutter the first word she was about to say. She didn't know about this before, not until her friends told her about it. "Okay, I am, but I want to tell you this, it's just not easy... And let me finish everything before you speak, alright?"

"But what if..."

"No!" Serena said firmly

"Fine" Draco agreed.

Serena looked back out at the view. It would be easier for her if she wouldn't look at him while telling her story. She couldn't bear it if she saw the shift in his eyes if he would think differently of her.

She took a deep breath. "Do you remember the friend I told you about? Toby? Well, there was more to his death actually.... During the war Toby and I were battling two different death eaters. We didn't know who they were since they were wearing their masks. Anyway, we were in pretty bad shape, and the death eaters were very skilled. To be honest I thought I was done for"