chapter one

"I'm serious, my eyes say that I like you, why don't you feel it?"
— day6's 'i'm serious'

MIN Hye p.o.v

Yawning, I quickly wore my shoes and picked up my school bag from the ground. Mom sends me off at the front door, and I unlock my front gate to leave.

Just as I stepped foot outside, a cheerful and familiar voice greets me.

"Min Hye!" My ears perk at the sound of him calling my name. I face the voice's direction.

"Oh," I averted my gaze and stepped towards him. "What's with you today?" I smile.

"Nothing? Can't I walk you to school?" Jaemin chuckles.

"We both go to the same school, Jaemin. It's me walking you to school, not the other way round." I scoff as Jaemin pokes my forehead.

"Jokes. Stop being rude to someone older than you."

"Oh, please? You're only older by a few days!" I exclaim with a pout.

"Okay, but that doesn't change that I'm still technically older than you." Jaemin flashes a smug smile as I look away in silence.

Suddenly, Jaemin shouts, alarmed. "Watch out!" He yanks onto my arm, pulling me into an embrace as a motorcycle dangerously speeds past us, and unfortunately, there was a puddle of water.

As I gasp in surprise, Jaemin simply lets go of me and groans in dismay, both his backpack and a side of his uniform soaked.

"Ugh. This feels horrible," He murmurs to himself. "You okay?" He checks on me with a frown.

"Fine, fine," I assure him. "How're you gonna deal with that, though?" I glance at his bag.

But before he could reply, a voice interrupts.

"Jaemin?" The voice gasps. "Woah. You look...drenched." The boy holds back a laugh.

"Thanks for that sympathy." Jaemin rolls his eyes at his best friend.

"Welcome." Jeno replies with a sarcastic smile.

"I think I'll just go home and quickly switch out for now. There's still time, anyways," Jaemin ignores Jeno and replies me. "You can...walk to school with Jeno, if you want." Jaemin suggests, but doesn't look too pleased, somehow.

With that, he walks back the way we came.

"Hey, Min Hye. So, do you want to?" Jeno chuckles as he asks.

"I don't mind." I crack a small smile at him, shrugging.

"Nice, come on." Jeno says as he begins to walk towards school.

I quickly matched his pace and kept up with him.

"So how's you and Jaemin?" Jeno asks with a curious grin beside me.

"What do you mean, how's the two of us? Same as ever." I laugh dryly.

"Really? Then there's no progress? I thought something might have happened by now..."

"No, nothing." The edges of my lips forcefully pulls itself up.

"Why? Don't tell me you're still letting Hyo Jin...?" Jeno glances at me. "You are, right? You shouldn't do that..."

"But what can I do? One day I suddenly find out I fell for the same person as her...it's not like I could tell her that...she looks happy. Besides, they both look good." I breath out.

"So do you and Jaemin. You can't decide things for them, Min Hye." Jeno sighs as the two of us enters the school gates.

"We're in school now, don't talk about it." I shush Jeno.

"Min Hye-yah, you're going to regret it." Jeno shakes his head as the two of us approach the entrance of our classroom.

"Huh, I don't know." I mumble under my breath as I scoot to my seat in class, our conversation on Jaemin ending just like that.

____________________________

A/N: short chapter since today's my first day of school lol....

it unexpectedly went well?
biology is bomb :)

hope y'all enjoyed.