chapter eight

A/N: sorry GO is too...much for me.

The day of the Christmas party in school finally arrived. People were strolling in the school in high spirits, the crowd roaring with noise and laughter. Min Hye and Jeno watched as they occupied the school's auditorium. There were more people than they expected.

Being on the executive team of this party, the two were given no time to have fun. They had to make sure the food and drinks were well-stocked and be prepared for any spills they had to clean up.

"Many people came today. I see a lot of familiar faces," Min Hye proudly looks at her fellow schoolmates. "They seem to be having fun." She says, but Jeno observes her actions.

She was very obviously trying not to look him in the eye.

"Yeah, that means our planning succeeded pretty well." Jeno simply nods.

"Right? I thought so too." Min Hye breaks into a grin.

"Min Hye?" Jeno glances at her. "What's wrong?"

"Oh!" Min Hye chuckles nervously. "Nothing much...but..." She trails off,

"But what?" He probes her to speak.

"But, that day. Did you really mean it?" Jeno
cracks an amused smile as he notices her fiddling with her fingers.

His smile quickly fades as she turn to look at him.

"You mean the confession?" He lets out a laugh, just like he did when Jaemin asked him. "Sorry. I just did it to let Jaemin be annoyed. I knew he was watching us, I called him there!"
Jeno explains.

"So...you didn't mean it?" Min Hye confirms once more.

Jeno nods.

"Then you don't see me that way. You did it to let Jaemin realise his feelings...correct? Thank you."

"Well, yeah. Something like that?" Jeno shrugs and smiles.

"Anyhow, thanks...you almost had to give up your first kiss for me, huh?" She laughs lightly.

When she does, another committee member calls out to Min Hye, asking her for help. She agrees and turns back to Jeno.

"Well then, I have to go now. See you." And with a wave, she was gone.

Jeno looks on at her retreating figure and ponders on her words.

"You fool, I don't mind giving up my first kiss for you, though," Jeno murmurs with a wistful smile. "But still, seeing you smile is worth it, I guess."

_____________________________

Min Hye huffs as she lifts up a box filled with bottled water. She struggles to advance towards the auditorium. The box was so large that it covered her line of sight, and she had to tilt her head to be able to look ahead.

"Let me help you with that." Suddenly, a voice offered help and the box was carried away.

"Wait, no, it's okay–" Her breath gets stuck in her throat as she notices who it was.

"It seems hard to be on the executive team. Where's Jeno? He's not helping you?" The person frowns is dismay.

"No..." She replied.

"Huh, what a good partner you have. I wonder why I'm best friends with him?" He chuckles and then turns to face me. It didn't take a lot of effort for him.

"I don't know." She replies a model answer yet again. She was still unable to say anything else. More like, she wasn't sure what to say.

And that had never happened before for the many years they were friends.

She was glad that they arrived at the auditorium right when she had nothing else to say. The two stood on the other side of the food table, where only committee members could enter.

"Thanks, I can take it now." She holds out her arms.

"No, tell me where to put them. I'll help you unpack too."

"...Jaemin, please."

"No," He placed the box down. "I'm helping you."

"Why are you so insistent?" Min Hye sighed, not meaning to sound so annoyed. "You said you needed to sort things out. Why are you appearing before me now?"

"Because I already know what to do. I'm not going to regret anything," Jaemin steps closer, and Min Hye couldn't help but move backwards.

"Now you're the one avoiding me." Jaemin frowns as her back hits the wall.

"I can't help it." She says.

"You can't escape forever." He places his hand beside her head, trapping her.

"Jaemin, stop it," She whispers. "You're making me confused. You said you couldn't return your feelings–"

Her words were cut off as her eyes widened in shock. It took her a few good seconds to realise that Jaemin's lips landed on hers.

Once she realised the reality of the situation, she began to blush furiously.

By now, the students who came to collect their food gasped in surprise.

And when I meant 'students', I meant everyone. Nobody says no to food.

Min Hye still stood there, shocked, as Jaemin slowly inched away from her. "Are you still confused?" He whispers back at her.

"Yes, I mean...no..." Stunned, her eyes didn't focus.

"I like you, Jung Min Hye. For a very, very, long time as well," He breaks into a large grin.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Realize — END

_____________________________

Hello all! Thanks for reading my Jaemin fic. I hope y'all enjoyed the story, sorry for the abrupt and super lame ending !

However, do stay tuned to the epilogue and perhaps even bonus chapters!