epilogue

A/N; sleepy!
have fun reading!

"Will you be my girlfriend?" That one question Jaemin asked her seemed to happen just recently.

But it didn't, yet it was still deeply etched in her mind. She couldn't forget how flustered she was as she replied him with a quick yes.

It has already been a year since the Christmas party she was part of, and memories surge through her mind when she approaches the food table.

This year, she wasn't part of the committee, so she had all the time in the world to do whatever she wanted.

She picked up a chocolate eclair. As soon as she did, she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders.

"Yah. Food again?" He chuckles as he pulls her towards him.

"You have any complaints?" She replies with an air of sarcasm.

"No, of course not. Eat all you want," Jaemin smiles and ruffles her hair, removing his arm around her. "I specially ordered the foods you like most." He says.

"What?" She looks up at him in surprise. "You did?"

He nods. "Funny how you planned this last year, and now it's my turn." 

She simply hums and her eyes glaze over the trays of food.

"So then, will you do it this year instead of me?" Jaemin grins cheekily.

"Do what?"

"You know, this," His lips curved into a smirk as he steps closer to her. "Almost everyone saw it."

She begins to retreat, her face slightly flushed crimson.

"Why do I have to do that, anyway?"

"A re-enactment? It's interesting, right?" His smile widens in amusement.

"No, it's not!" She quickly says, flustered as she feels her face heat up even more. "Don't joke around."

"I'm not joking, though?" He laughs lightly, leaning in closer to her. She reacted by shutting her eyes tightly.

A few seconds passed and nothing happened. She slowly opens her eyes and sees Jaemin with a goofy smile playing on his lips.

"Oops. I meant to say I was joking," He says, and interlocks his fingers with mine. "Don't be too embarrassed." He grins. A voice calls out to him.

"Na Jaemin!" The voice some-what angrily yelled. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be doing your job." Jeno storms up to him.

Unfortunately for Jeno, he was selected as the overall in charge for the party.

"Sorry, boss," Jaemin doesn't let go of her hand. "I'll do it, soon."

Jeno sighs. "Yes, you'd better." His eyes dart between Jaemin and Min Hye.

"You're too serious, Jeno. Relax." He comments with a smile.

"Right," Jeno chuckles. "Since you're with Min Hye, I'll excuse you for now." Jeno seemingly stares at their interlocked hands and swiftly looks away as Jaemin glances at him.

"Thanks." Jaemin replies with a curious expression.

"I need to settle with the other duties. See you." Jeno turns away. With a wave, he jogs up to another station.

Min Hye smiles as she watches him go.

"Hey," Jaemin frowns. "Why are you smiling like that?" Noticing her actions, Jaemin asks with a pout.

"Nothing, I just was reminded of how Jeno confessed that one time. The time when I confessed to you too?" She beams at him.

"I just thought, if Jeno didn't do that, would I still have confessed to you?"

"You would, I know." Jaemin says almost surely.

"Really. Well, I thought Jeno was actually serious. Turns out he told me he wasn't..." She trails off, thinking.

"I was worried of how I had to face him." She softly says.

"Huh, he said he wasn't serious?" Jaemin cast his eyes to the ground. "What a liar." He murmurs. Min Hye didn't catch that.

"What?" She asks.

"Nope, nothing," He smiles again to hide the truth.

"Just, worried. Like you were."

__________________________

A/N: eH haha sorry for the lame epilogue,.... but yeah! gon do some self-promo here...

Do support my new renjun fic, 'rewind'!

Thank you!