chapter three

Min Hye enters her classroom with a heavy heart. Her mind kept thinking of Jaemin's words the day before, and it kept bugging her so much that she couldn't sleep very well.

As she raises her head, she spots Jaemin and Jeno talking to one another with laughs. Jaemin probably came over to their class to see him. They don't notice her coming in yet.

She purses her lips and quickly settles down in her seat. When she does, Jaemin raises his gaze with a smile. He notices Min Hye in her seat with her earpieces plugged in.

Hopping off the table he sat on, he approaches her silently with a playful smile.

When he is close enough, he snatches a single plug away from her.

Surprised, she swiftly tilts her head to the side. As she sees Jaemin's smiling face, she is reminded of the events once again.

"Haha, you know, I really like that surprised look on your face." Jaemin laughs as she stares at him blankly.

His words still rang clearly in her mind.

How do you think it would be like if you dated me?

Noticing her indifference, Jaemin's smile slowly fades. "What's wrong?"

She looks away. "Nah, nothing." She tries to be casual, but it doesn't trick him.

"Is it about yesterday?" He asks carefully.

From his desk, Jeno observes as he notices their atmosphere change.

On the other hand, Min Hye doesn't say anything.

"If it is, then I'm really sorry. I don't know what made me say that in that moment. But, you don't have to worry. It didn't mean anything." He says.

"What are you saying? It's nothing like that. I'm not worried or anything." She forces a smile at him.

"Right? I thought so. Come on, cheer up." Jaemin's grin returns as he ruffles Min Hye's hair.

"It didn't mean anything...but did you mean anything?" Min Hye murmurs with a tiny smile, her words reaching no one but herself.

_________________________

jaemin p.o.v

"Jaemin. Did you...say anything to her yesterday?" Jeno asks me after i return to his side from Min Hye's seat.

"Say anything?" I look away. "You heard it?"

"I did." He nods.

"Oh. Well." I awkwardly scratch my head.

"You don't have to be awkward, it isn't like I don't know how you feel," Jeno chuckles. "But then, you really shouldn't do things like that. She'll get...confused." Jeno's earlier grin disappears, replaced with a serious look.

"You're right, but..." I lower my gaze.

I don't think...I'm the one she wants.

"Seriously, though. How much longer are you going to keep this up? How much longer...are you going to keep making her confused?" Jeno's face held a stern expression.

I smile as I glance at her. "I can't do that any longer..."

____________________________

min hye p.o.v

I watched as Jaemin left the classroom with the teacher in a hurry. He was tasked by the teacher to carry some worksheets to the staff room.

However, before he exited the room, he mouthed at me to wait for him at the staff room.

Around me, students were busy rushing out of the classroom, wanting to go home.

I had this fluttering feeling in my heart as I slowly approached the staff room. Walking down the stairs, I hear some voices right at the floor of where I'm supposed to be meeting Jaemin.

Two very familiar voices.

"Hyo Jin? What are you doing here?" I slowly paced down the steps, and turned a corner. I saw two figures talking a tiny distance away.

"Jaemin, I have something important to say." My eyes widened as I realised who they were.

"Wait, Hyo Jin. I'm going to meet–"

Hyo Jin cuts Jaemin off mid-sentence as she goes on her tip-toes, pecking Jaemin on the cheek. I quickly looked away, shrinking back to behind the wall.

"Jaemin, I really like you...since the first day we met. Can I go out with you?" For some odd reason, her heart thumped loudly in my chest.

Upon hearing her confession, Min Hye's mind goes blank and tears seemed to unwillingly well up in her eyes. She decided that she couldn't watch it any longer.

She wipes away her never-ending tears and naturally ended up in her own classroom as she slid down the wall, her hands covering her face.

A set of quick footsteps swiftly approaches her location as she struggles to end her tears.

It never ends. It felt like her heart was ripped into shreds.

But she knew she could blame no one but herself.

Soon, the footsteps could be heard right by her. Sniffling, she looks up at the person.

"Je-Jeno?" She says in coarse voice.

"Min Hye...are you okay? No, never mind," Jeno kneels in front of her. "You're not okay." He says, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"But it's okay to cry." He whispers, patting my back rhythmically.

"It's okay to cry." 

__________________________

A/N: sorry for slow updates :(( school stuff, and also managing two fics at one time haha. hope you understand :)