chapter two

A/N: hey guys! only able to update frequently cause the first few days of school are kinda chill. Hope y'all enjoy.

The two of us jump back in shock as the door to my room crashes open. A week has passed since I walked to school with Jeno.

As he says, I am still letting the two be alone together more often, thus resulting me in spending much more time with Jeno.

There revealed Jaemin entering the room with a wide smile and a wave. I glare at him angrily.

"Seriously, Na Jaemin....you love breaking things, huh?"

"Oops, sorry. I didn't break anything, okay?" He lets out a nervous laugh.

"What are you doing here again?" I almost sigh, but then I see that he has company. "Jeno?"

"Oh, hey." He flashes one of his eye smiles.

"Um. So, what the heck and why are you two here?" I glance back and forth and the duo.

"Another surprise visit, of course. No worries, the two of us won't disrupt whatever you and Hyo Jin are doing." He flashes his most innocent smile.

I sigh as I plop myself back onto my bed.

"Sorry, Hyo Jin. Looks like we got other company." I softly whisper to her.

"It's okay. Hey, Min Hye...do you think you can suggest us to play a game?" She whispers back as she looks in their direction. They're apparently sitting in a corner of my room fiddling with the mobile phones.

"A game?" I ask her curiously.

"Yup. Truth or Dare....you know, these kind of games make people's bonds grow closer, if you get what I mean!" She whisper-yells, but not loud enough for them to hear.

"Oh, sure," I smile gently at her as I begin to speak up. "Yah, you guys. How about a game of Truth or Dare?" This time, I smile smugly at them, as if challenging them.

"Truth or Dare? I'm fine with it." We all unanimously agree.

And so begins the game where only lies exist.

We play scissors paper stone to decide the order in which we will go, starting from the person who wins, in a clockwise direction.

Hyo Jin ends up winning the round.

"Truth or Dare?" I ask her, and she smiles.

"Truth."

"Playing safe?" Jeno raises his brows.

She says nothing in turn, and instead waits for the question.

"Okay, do you have a crush?" As soon as I ask that question, her face flushes red. From the corner of my eye, I spy Jeno giving me a troubled look.

"Y-Yeah..." Hyo Jin nods slowly. She unknowingly glances at Jaemin, in which he returns a puzzled look.

"That wasn't a very good question, Hye-yah. You're her best friend, you should know the answer to that." Jeno flatly says. I stay silent.

"Hye-yah...?" Jaemin murmurs with a frown. I don't notice it.

"Next, Jeno," Jaemin announces with a smirk.

"What do you choose?"

"Truth, then." Jeno narrows his eyes.

"Same question then, do you have a crush?" Jaemin asks, totally serious, his earlier playfulness disappearing.

I watch as Jeno blinks back at Jaemin.

"...No." Jeno looks away, answering his question. Jaemin nods in thought.

"Min Hye. Truth, or Dare?" Jeno immediately shifts all attention to me.

"Hmm, Dare." I boldly say.

"Dare, as expected from you," Jaemin chuckles as he reaches out to ruffle my hair. "Don't get too afraid." He teases.

"Won't, don't worry," I sarcastically grin at him. "So, the dare?" I return my attention to the game.

"I dare you to hug Jaemin for ten seconds." Jeno immediately suggests.

I widen my eyes slightly. "That's easy, we've done it as children." I shrug my reluctance away.

"Yeah," Jaemin agrees, standing up and stretching his arms out for me. "Come here."

I purse my lips and approach him, wrapping my arms around him as he does the same. His warmth could quickly be felt and the tip of my skin. My heart significantly accelerates at this odd feeling. I couldn't look up at his face.

"Ten," Jeno begins counting.

"Nine,"

"Yah, Min Hye." He whispers right by my ear, his breath brushing past.

"Hmm?" I mumble into his chest as I hear him call my name.

"Eight," The countdown still goes on.

"How do you think it would be like if you dated me?" He whispers again, so softly that only I could hear.

"Seven,"

My eyes widen in surprise at his question.

"Six,"

His arms tighten around me, as if not wanting to let me go.

"What do you mean–" I raise my head to speak, but he wasn't looking at me. He stared at the ground.

"Five,"

"What's with me?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Four,"

"I'm sorry, Min Hye...I don't know why I asked you that," His eyes finally finds mine.

"Three,"

"Just ignore my question. It doesn't mean anything." He tells me, but I find it hard to believe.

Why would he ask me....

"Two,"

But before I could ask him,

"One."

My time was up.

____________________________

A/N: awwww, a pity?

anyways, i have published a fantasy fic for NCT and SR18B, and you could check it out if you'd like. It's titled 'Cards'.

This story is actually requested from one of my readers. It is my only fantasy story. If you are interested, you can check it out in my profile. Thanks!