chapter five

"No volunteers for being in charge of the christmas decorations?" Ms Kim, our homeroom teacher probed us once again, but everyone only looked away in response.

"No one? I still need two people to help out, though. That's the rule for each class," She sighs as she looks at each and everyone of us. I quickly averted my gaze as she stops her eyes on me.

"Jung Min Hye, what about you? I've heard of your artistic creativity before. Won't you help the class out?" I gulped as she singled me out, and turn to face her with a face of disgust.

"No, Ms Kim...I actually have other things to do...so I can't help out." I smile sweetly at her.

"Things like what, Ms Jung? I'm afraid you've just been chosen. I'm sure you can clear your 'things'." She then flashes me one of those teacher smiles, the ones where you know you can't refuse anymore.

I sighed softly.

Heck, I didn't sign up for this.

"Right, now that we've got a girl representative, what about the guys? Volunteers?" Ms Kim continues recruiting people.

No one would volunteer....

"Oh?" Ms Kim's surprise made me look up. She was looking at someone behind me. "Lee Jeno. Are you volunteering?" My eyes widen as I snapped my head back in shock.

"Yes, Ms Kim." He nods, and returns my gaze.

"Very good! Then things can progress faster. You two can go shop for decorations tomorrow, since it's a Saturday. On Monday, I expect things to be bought. Don't worry, I have money from the school." She smiles cheerily.

And thus, that is how I ended up in a shopping mall filled with Christmas goods and stuff, with Lee Jeno on a Saturday morning.

"Remind me why I'm here again?" I sigh as I tuck my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

"Uh, for Christmas." Jeno says.

"Right."

"It isn't so bad, though. Maybe with this can distract you from whatever that's happened. It's a good change." Jeno flashes his signature smile.

"Maybe," I shrug with a tiny smile. "Why did you volunteer anyway?"

"Would you have preferred if it was another random guy you didn't know that well?" He replies with another question.

"Well, I guess no."

"That's why." Jeno says as we enter a shop selling all sorts of things from accessories to christmas decos.

"Mistletoes..." I murmur under my breath as I spot them while walking through a row. I was immediately reminded of Jaemin.

"Huh." Jeno comments as if he heard me. He was looking in the other direction from me.

___________________________

third person p.o.v

"Huh," Jeno mumbles as he spies two familiar faces. "Why do I see them wherever we go?"

He glances at Min Hye, now choosing some Christmas tree decos. An idea forms in his mind.

He walks towards her and snakes an arm around her waist just when the two familiar faces turn towards their direction.

"Jaemin, how do you usually spend your Christmas?" Hyo Jin asks with a smile.

"Oh, uh..." He looks away from his girlfriend.

I usually spend them with Min Hye....

Just then, his eyes averting eyes focused on a silhouette. "Jeno?" He mumbles, eyes widening as he notices an arm around the girl beside him.

It was as if everything was happening in slow motion. When he walked past the duo, he heard their conversation.

He felt a tinge of...jealousy as he thought that the two looked like a couple. A really good one at that. Well, he did always think that Min Hye liked Jeno.

"What do you think of this, Min Hye?" Jeno smiles, casually picking up a nearby earring.

"What the? Jeno, we're here to pick out decorations...what are you–"

"I know, but what do you think?" Jeno glances behind him.

"It's fine. Now, can you let go of me?" She looks towards the arm around her.

"Oops, sorry. Just wanted to...get your attention," Jeno chuckles. "You didn't happen to see anything else, did you?"

"See what?" She furrows her brows.

"Never mind then. Let's continue looking for other decorations." He grins and the issue was quickly brushed off.

___________________________

A/N: hey hey hey sorry for the lame ass chapter :(((