Surpreme Leader Kylo Ren

Kylo's P.O.V.

I'm finally where I want to be, or that's what I thought. I wanted her. No, I needed her. I needed us to be together, but just us. I thought maybe if it was just us, maybe I could forget about all the bad I've done. Maybe I could forget about my father, still looming over me everywhere I go. And the fact that I killed my father for nothing, hurts me. I did everything for Snoke. He was my mentor, but he turned out to be my worst enemy and I thought she was going to be the one who would save me, but I was wrong. She only hurt me more in the end. She thought I wanted us to rule the galaxy like the First Order is now, but I don't. Not in the way she thinks.

"Supreme Leader?"

I sigh in annoyance as I look out the huge window in the main control panel room in front of the ship when I hear his voice. I turn around on the lifted platform that I'm standing on and see his bright orange hair stinking out like a sore thumb. "Yes, General Hux?" The pilots look up at us behind their controllers, curious to see what's going to happen next.

"The hacker has news for us."

"News?"

"Yes, he is getting close to finding the location of the Resistance base."

"Hux, next time you come to me with news, don't tell me when, we're close or almost to, just tell me when it's done."

"Yes, Supreme Leader."

"Oh, and you've been down graded to commander."

"Sir, but who will take my place?"

"Me."

"Sir, you can't possibly-"

"No, Hux. It's time that you learn how to respect people, starting with me. Now go."

He doesn't say anything else. I feel his anger towards me as he walks away. The pilots are looking at me dumbfounded. I glare at them and they go back to what they were doing. I turn back around and look at the empty space through the glass.

It's about time somebody showed him his place and it surely isn't a General. Something seems off about him, I don't know what it is, but I don't trust him at all.

An hour later I go back to my quarters. Since I'm now Supreme Leader I get a better room and the throne room. It's much bigger than the one I had before. I actually have a king size bed instead of a bed that's smaller than a twin. There's a bigger kitchen in the back of the room, though I don't use it, I usually just make a droid cook something for me.

I go sit on my bed and lay my head on my palms. I take a deep breath. I take my head away from my hands and sit up straight. Should I even try to contact her? She'll just block me out but I just want to see her. Something about her calms me down.

I close my eyes and reach out to her. A
second later it goes silent. No humming from the motors that are making the ship run. The only sound is our breath, inhaling and exhaling. I open my eyes and she's sitting at a table that's in the corner of the room. She's laughing looking in the direction of the chair that's in front of her. She's probably with Finn. I hate that man. He takes everything from me. Her smile starts to fade as she senses me and then she looks my way. She glares at me for a second and fades away.

I forget how long I look at where she was until I hear a knock at the door. I blink and come back to reality. I get up and go to the door and open it. It's one of the Captains. He looks at me a different way than all the others, usually other captains and commanders look anxious when they're around me, he doesn't. This Captain has always been in the First Order, even before me. He has been here so long, I'm surprised he hasn't been promoted to Commander. Maybe, I'll do that. If I remember. He's the most loyal person to the First Order and he is one of the few people that know me well. He's quite old, old as what Luke would be.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"We have found somebody who might know where the Resistance base is."

"What about the hacker?"

"He's taking too long. We can find the Resistance base sooner if we find her."

"Her?"

"She's an old friend of yours."

"An old friend? I don't have any friends."

"Come with me, I'll explain on the way there."

We go on a command ship, so it's small, but not that small for two people and the pilot.

I sit in one of the seats against the wall of the ship. The Captain walks over and sits next to me. The door closes and we lift off.

There's an awkward silence for a second but I break it. "So, where are we going?"

"We're going to Yavin-5."

"Yavin 5? That place doesn't exist."

"Oh, but it does. One of the Jedi stole it from the archives a long time ago, making it seem like it never existed."

"Okay, but why?"

"Couldn't tell yah. The only thing I can think of is to create a safe haven."

"Safe haven from what?"

"From us."

"Hmm. You mentioned an 'old friend' of mine. Who exactly is she?"

"She is one of the old padawans that you tried to kill that night, but she survived."

"What?" I look down at my hands, which are now sweating more than usual. I thought I killed every padawan that night. How will I face one that survived? All my guilt comes flooding in from everything and I try not to explode from emotion. "What's her name?" I ask quietly.

"Audrey."

No. Anyone but her. Before I turned, when I was still training with Luke, there was this girl named Audrey. She was special. The other padawans never talked to me. They all ignored me... except for her. She would always ask me for help when we would learn something new even when I knew she didn't need it. She tried to be my friend. She tried to help me and I shut her out. Then that night, the look she gave me when I stabbed her, I don't even want to think about it. She never saw it coming. Stabbing her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, except killing my own father.

The thing about her being dead is that I don't have to face her, I don't have to face the guilt and at least I would never have to see her again, but she isn't, and now I'm on my way to go see her.

"She was very well hidden, but one of the stormtroopers that was put on Yavin-5 found her."

"How is she still alive?"

"I don't know. You're going to have to ask her that yourself."

She was only 18 that night, and I was 23, so much could have changed in the six years that have gone by.

The rest of the ride there is silent besides the sounds of the ship flying. I don't know what's going to happen. Will she even recognize me? And how does she, out of all people know where the base is?

The ship lands and the door opens. I get up from my seat and walk out. All I see is green. All of the Yavin moons are usually very green of trees and grass, but this planet seems the most green out of all of them. There are stormtroopers scattered everywhere. The captain comes up behind me. I look at him confused. "Why is there so many troopers? I thought it was just us."

"Well, we needed to draw the girl out so we went through all of the villagers and we finally found her."

I look away from him. There is so many troopers in front of me in a orderly fashion and behind them in the distance, there is even more stormtroopers. They all have villagers of the forest on the ground with blasters pointed at their heads. The stormtroopers in front of me wait for a command, but before I could they make a path. Two troopers walk up the path that they've made, dragging a woman with them. They let her go and push her down on the ground and she looks down at her hands, which are handcuffed in front of her. One of them pulls out their blaster and points it at her. I walk closer to the woman and look down at her. She turns her head up towards me slowly with tears coming down her face. It's her all right. She hasn't changed one bit. Her face gets more confused and then finally, she realizes it's me. "Ben?"