Alone

Rey's P.O.V.

I put the ship on autopilot so I can rest. I go back to the lounge and sit down. It's weird to be alone on the Millennium. Chewy's always been on the Falcon with me but he wanted to go back to his home planet since Leia, Luke and especially Han are gone. I feel so bad for him. But hopefully he found new Wookiees to be with. I yawn. I'm really tired. I never got to sleep before I left the base. I was anxious to leave. I lay down on one of the booth seats in the lounge. I start to close my eyes and drift off in no time.

I see his future again or I guess the way I want to see it. It's just me and him sitting on a bench outside of the Resistance Base, watching the sunset. There's grass all around us and the ocean in the distance hitting the sky, reflecting all the colors of the sunset. I look at Ben. He's wearing Jedi clothing. A lot like Luke's outfit before he died. He looks better in this than his usual black attire. His hair is still the same length. We don't say anything to one another. We're just enjoying each-other's company. I never thought I would think that when I first met him, but a lot has changed since then.

I'm enjoying the scene but then it all changes. Instead of the ocean and the sunset, all I see is stormtroopers. I look around. It seems like we're standing on another Starkiller Base. I look at Kylo. He's in his usual black clothing but then I look at myself. I gasp. Everything is black. I'm not even wearing my arm wraps and I'm heavily armored. I look back at Kylo. "What are we doing?"

"Taking down the Resistance of course. It's about time, they've lived way too long."

The weapon fires heading straight towards the Resistance Base. "No!" I scream as I reach out my hand towards the red beam that will kill everyone. But it fades away. Everything does except him. This time we're on the island. It's the exact place where Luke died. The cave with the symbol of balance in the middle. I look back at myself. I'm in my normal clothing and so is he. "What are we doing here?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He replies looking as confused as I am. All of the sudden I hear voices calling me from the symbol. Ben and I look at the symbol in surprise at the same time. We both walk over to it. We are now across from each other. I'm on the light side of the symbol, he's on the dark. We look at each other, worried about what's going to happen next. The voices get louder but they're not calling me to them. They're calling me to him. I know we've done this before but it feels different this time. I lift my arm and reach out my hand to him. He does the same. His hand is towards mine like the time he wanted me to join him, except this time, there is no lightsaber and I'm actually going to take his hand. As our hands get closer, the voices get louder. Our hands are so close and then our fingers touch. The voices stop and it's just silence. All I can hear is my heartbeat and his. My hand goes deeper into his until they are fully inwrapped. A humming sound starts and it gets louder and louder but our hands don't break apart as we stare at each-other, feeling scared but also safe. The humming won't stop getting louder. I look at our hands and then a bright light starts coming from them until all I see is white and all I hear is humming.

I wake up with a jolt and open my eyes wide. I hear faint echoes of voices getting softer and softer. But I make out what they say. The balance.

I yawn and sit up. What just happened? I barely remember anything. All I know is that Ben was on the light and then on the dark and then in the middle. And so was I. I know what it was and why I had that dream. When I touched his hand for the first time. I saw his future, that future. When I was on the dark side, that must of been what he saw. But the last part, was that the actual future? Or perhaps just a sign? All I know is that no matter what happens, we'll be together. I find it unsettling but I'm okay with it.

For the rest of the trip I can't stop thinking about him and my dream. I connect us not even realizing it, but when it happens I can't find a reason to block him. I stand up and look to my right. He stares at me with a stern glare but then his face relaxes. I stare at him as I think of the dream when we were standing across from each-other. Then an alarm goes off and I turn around at the control panel, where the alarm is coming from. I run over to see why it's doing this. Oh no. "Ugh. I'm so stupid!" I yell at myself. "I knew I forgot something." I didn't realize it until now, but I didn't check how much fuel was left and now I've ran out. I look through the window-shield and I see Crait. I guess I'll just have to land now and walk the rest of the way.