The Hacker

Kylo's P.O.V.

I look at the fire in front of me that's in a separate room from everybody else at Crait. It's small, has a small bed and fire to keep warm, since the Resistance never had enough power to light the whole place. The hacker is here, I just need to get ready to see him. But when she's around, I like to take my time.

I stare at the fire, thinking of that night when she was in the island and then Luke came bursting in, literally. I look back at her. "When I said that you're not alone, I meant it." She looks back at me.

"I know. I meant what I said too, that it's not too late. And it still isn't."

I look at the ground. It is too late, no matter what she says. And I have priorities as Supreme Leader, like finding the Resistance.

"Why did you connect us earlier?" I say hoping that she'll let me change the subject.

"I don't know. It just happened."

She's lying. It takes a lot of effort for us to connect.

"You can't just connect us because it happened. Stop lying."

She hesitates. "Finn. He was talking about you, making me connect us accidentally."

A look of disappointment appears on my face. Knowing that Finn was the motivation for her to connect us makes me angry but also a little bit sad. "Of course he did. What were you guys saying about me?"

"Why would I tell you?"

She's right. Why would she tell me? I'm about to say something when she looks pass me and doesn't look away. She starts to get up and walk around me. "Rey?"
She gets up not taking her eyes off of what she's looking at and then blocks me.

I sigh and get up from the floor I was sitting on. It's about midnight and everybody is asleep. I yawn. I lay on my bed and fall asleep.

I look up at the sky. It's the bluest sky I've ever seen. The Resistance is in the distance but Rey is right in front of me, with her ignited lightsaber. I look down at my hand. I'm holding my lightsaber. I look behind me. The First Order is in the distance as well. I look back at Rey.

"I don't want to do this, Ben. Especially not to you." She says as tears stream down her face.

"I don't want to, either." I say but she seems not to hear me.

"It just seems like you won't come back no matter what I do!" She yells at me intensely.

I look at her confused.

"I guess you have to pay for your actions now... I never wanted this."

She then comes running towards me with her lightsaber. I lift up mine on instinct and our sabers cross and the dream ends.

I wake up with a jolt. I take a hand and brush my hair back. I lift the covers up and swing my legs over the edge. I sit there shirtless, not knowing what to think. I hear a knock on the door. I get up to answer it. I open and it's not who I was expecting. "Audrey?"

"They wanted me to tell you-"

"-Why did they send you?"

"They know you won't kill me. Anyways he'll meet you at noon."

"I make the orders around here. I say when I will meet the hacker."

"Then when do you want to meet him?"

I hesitate. "Noon."

She rolls her eyes and is about to close the door when she realizes I'm shirtless and she looks down and back at me. "Take a shower, Ben. You're sweating profusely." She closes the door obnoxiously.