The Black Diamond

Rey's P.O.V.

I really wish I would have remembered to bring enough fuel. I've been walking for hours and hours on end. At least it's day now and I can see. But it doesn't help that the temperature is up. I feel the warmth on my skin from the sun's hot rays. Then again I'm used to it from the hot days on Jakku. I shouldn't be complaining about this. I've been in worse situations.

All I see is still nothing for miles. I stop walking and look behind me. Hundreds of red footprints trail on until my eyes can't see them. I turn back around and sigh. I wish I'd know where I was going. I have no idea what way the base is. At this point I have lost all sense of direction. Every direction I go, it looks the same. I get out my bottle of water and take a sip of it. All this walking has made me thirsty. I take it away from my mouth knowing that I'll have to save some for later, not knowing the next time I'll see water. I put the bottle back in my bag and I'm about to start walking again when I feel a pull towards something. I look over and see something in the corner of my eye. Something sparkly glimmers in the light. As my curiosity gets to the best of me, I start to walk closer. I bend down to get a closer look. There's two diamonds. Black ones. I've never seen a real diamond before. Jakku is full of junk and trash. I would never see this there. I feel like these diamonds are important. I know they have something to do with the force. I feel it.

They're kinda small. But what's weird about them is that they're in the shape of a lightsaber crystal. The crystals that are used to power lightsabers. Maybe...

I take off the bag I have on my back and open it. I get out the old Jedi texts. One of them has to mention the lightsaber crystals. I've read all of these books, but maybe, just maybe I missed something. I keep flipping through all of them but nothing shows up about the diamonds. I start to open the last one. Then I see a page called Lightsaber Crystals. This wasn't here before, this book had blank pages at the end, now those pages are full. It goes on to say that each crystal is different and made for only the wielder of the saber. But the lightsaber can be used over again, but it won't be the same. It also says how each crystal color has it's own meaning. The natural ones, blue and green ones are used in the light and red on the dark and they're are few other colors that are really rare. But I think I found what I was looking for.

But there is another way to power a lightsaber... a diamond. Only a very specific one. It's called The Black Diamond.

There is only two in the whole universe. They are said to be for the chosen ones.

Chosen ones? I thought it was chosen one. Singular.

These diamonds don't just provide a color, they provide all the colors. Depending on the emotions of the user, the diamond will change the color of the lightsaber.

I picked out a crystal the same day I made the lightsaber but I did it so fast that it never felt right. I don't think I'm one of the chosen ones but it wouldn't hurt to try. I grab my lightsaber, which is hanging by my side then I grab the diamond and replace it with the crystal. I put my old crystal and the Jedi texts and the other diamond back in my bag. I hold the lightsaber in front of me and ignite it. I'm kind of disappointed. It's still blue. I was hoping for a change. I turn it off and strap it back at my side. I start walking again. I'm starting to feel something, so maybe the base is closer than I thought.

For the next hour, I walk but I spot huge faint red spots on the ground a little bit ahead of me. This is it. I follow the faint redness still there from the battle here a year ago. I guess there's not a lot of wind on Crait, otherwise there wouldn't be any sign of the red salt. I see the huge door that the First Order blew open. They or somebody else must have fixed it. It looks brand new. They must have done it for a reason. I start to walk closer towards the huge gate. But 100 feet away, I stop. There's enemies behind that door, a lot of them and the one I've been dreading the most to meet. But I came here for a reason and that is to find the hacker so that's what I'm gonna do. I take out my lightsaber with the new crystal in it and lift my hand up and focus all my power on the door. I try to remember what they said in the books. Size does not matter. I close my eyes and relax or try to at least. I imagine the door opening in my head and then I open my eyes and it hasn't budged at all. I sigh. I ignite the lightsaber in my hand and stare at the door. I reach out my hand again. I feel it budging. For some reason I'm drawing power from the lightsaber. It's making me more powerful. I start to feel the ground shake as I walk closer and closer. I stop about 50 feet from it and just focus on opening the door. It opens enough where I can see feet. The feet of stormtroopers. The door reaches half way. I stand there, looking at the stormtroopers with all their blasters pointing at me, ready to shoot. I look around and then I see him. He's not faced me, but I know that back all to well. He turns around and looks at me with the most shocked I've ever seen him. Then I hear some one yell, "FIRE!" And the next thing I see is just bright green lights coming towards me. I cover my face and close my eyes on instinct. I wait a couple seconds and nothing hits me. I don't feel anything. I take my hands away from my face and put them at my sides. All of the blaster shots had froze in mid air, right in front of me. I look at Kylo. He has his arm stretched out toward the shots. He stopped them from hitting me. He saved me.