The Final Battle

Kylo's P.O.V.

"Where exactly do you think you two are going?"

"Where do you think?" I say to Hux.

"It doesn't matter, you won't live long enough anyway."

"Are you sure about that?" Rey says igniting her lightsaber. The light of her saber grabs my attention. I gasp. Her saber is blue anymore. She doesn't realize it at first but she looks down and widens her eyes. "Purple? Why purple?"

I ignite mine, and it is also purple. She looks at me confused. "The diamonds. We're using them at the same time."

"Wow, you guys have matching saber colors. Cute, I don't care. Now, give up or die." Hux interrupts.

"I don't think so." I say getting in position. The Knights put up their lightsabers ready for a fight. I look at Rey. "Ready?"

She looks at me and nods. "I'm with you." She gets in position. The next moment the Knights charge at us and we start fighting. One targets me and our sabers cross. If one of us moves one of us will get hit. In the corner of my eye, I see Rey strike at a Knight then her saber swings over and hits the Knight I'm fighting in the leg. He falls to the ground and my lightsaber pierces through his  body. One down six to go. Three then come up to fight me. I'm surrounded. They grab me and put me in choke hold. One of them is about to stab me when I look at Rey and see that she's fighting a Knight and he's winning. I will not let her die. Not now. Not ever. I draw power from the saber and break out of their hold and twirl with my lightsaber cutting through each Knight. Rey falls down to the ground. The Knight lifts his lightsaber above his head, ready to strike. His saber almost goes through her but mine goes through him first. He falls on the ground next to her. She gets up immediately. I walk closer to her. "Are you okay?"

She nods. "Come on, two more." I nod.

We charge at the last two at the same time. We start to fight them, as we do, we become back to back. I feel Rey's back go against mine. It hurts a little from the bruises and cuts. She grabs my inner thigh. I see a lightsaber go for my head. I duck and go back up. As I do I feel Rey push against my back and kick the Knight she's fighting. I stab the Knight in front of me. I turn around and see Rey's foot stepping on the Knight and her lightsaber through his heart. She steps down and turns towards Hux. I come up next to her and we walk slowly towards him. "You're done." I say.

"Am I?"

He pulls out a blaster and immediately shoots Rey so fast that she didn't get a chance to block it. "Rey!" I yell. She falls to the ground, in slow motion. At least that what it seemed like.

"Like I've said before. Love is a weakness." He says with a smirk. Seeing her hurt, makes me feel angrier than I've ever been. Rage builds up in me and I charge at him. He shoots at me but I block the shots with my lightsaber. When I'm close enough I jump and stab him through the heart. I pull my saber out of him. My lightsaber goes out and I hold him down. He only has a few seconds of life left. I chuckle. "I think it's a strength." He looks at me with regret. "Now you will never hurt anyone else." I say. His head turns straight and he looks up at the sky with lifeless eyes. I feel his soul leave his body and I know he's gone for good.

I run over to Rey. "Rey! Rey? Wake up!"

Her eyes flutter open slightly. "Ben?"

"I need to get you to the Falcon. Where is it?" She grunts at the pain and lifts her arm in the direction of the Falcon. I scoop her in my arms and start running to the Falcon. She holds on tight. I'm in front of the Falcon waiting for the door to open. When it does, it feels like forever until it opens all the way. I run into the Falcon and I'm greeted by somebody I wasn't expecting. "Audrey?"

"Oh my gosh," she says as she looks at Rey. "We need to lay her down! Over here!" She gestures towards a bed. I walk over and lay her down on the relief bunk. She grunts trying to hold her pain in. "We need to get to Pillio as soon as possible." Audrey says.

"As soon as possible? Doesn't this ship have light-speed?"

"While Rey was rescuing you, a couple of stormtroopers visited me and shot the control. But I took care of them."

"Then we have to work with what we have here. I need to wrap her waist. Is there any bandages?"

She nods. "I'll get them." She leaves the room to get the bandages, leaving me and Rey alone for a second. I sit on the side of the bed next to Rey. "This is all my fault."

"No, it's not. You did everything you could. Nobody knew he had a blaster on him."

"Still, I should have blocked it."

"Ben, I'm going to be fine."

"But what if he didn't miss? Just a couple more inches inward and..."

"Ben. It's over now. Stop worrying about things that already happened. I'm fine."

Audrey comes back in with the bandages. "Here."

I take the bandages from here and start to wrap them around Rey's waist very carefully, not wanting to cause her more pain. There's a moment of silence. It gets awkward with Audrey standing there so I decide to break the silence. "So why are you here?" I ask Audrey.

"Rey came to the destroyer. She got caught and was held prisoner. I got her out and she said that she came because of you. I realized the something was wrong, so I helped her."

"Is that true?" I ask Rey. She nods her head. I smile to myself knowing that Rey was also coming after me.

I finish wrapping the bandage around her. It has soaked up most of the blood, so she should be fine, but she needs to rest. "You need to rest." Brushing her hair out of her face.

She nods and I bend down and kiss her gently on the forehead. She closes her eyes and falls asleep. I get up from the bed to talk to Audrey. "Thank you, for everything."

"Anything for an old friend." She looks at Rey and back at me. "You did the right thing."

"I know."

There's a pause.

"Do you miss it? Do you miss the First Order?"

"No. Not one bit."

She smiles. "Good. Now maybe the others will believe you." She walks out of the room and I follow her into the control room. "Others?"

"Her friends."

"Oh, right."

"Yeah. I have a feeling they won't forgive you that easily."

"Me too."

"Well, we'll find out in a couple hours." I feel the ship lift off the ground and we're on our way to Pillio. After everything I've done, will her friends forgive me? I'll find out soon enough.