Chapter 8: Starting over?

NO ONE'S POV

It had been a week since the fight between Niall and Elliott. Niall was perfectly fine-no broken bones and a a small scar had developed on the top of his skull. Luckily, no stitches were needed. Niall could have easily sued him, but he decided that the death threats Elliott was getting on the internet was punishment enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIALL'S POV

I knew I had made the right decision when I had broken it off with Gina. We were better off as friends and it wasn't fair to her when I was in love with Sarah. I didn't enjoy being hit by Elliott but at least it proved to Sarah that he was a jerk. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. Tonight was the concert and I had to make this night special. I mean if it weren't for this night, they wouldn't be here right? Oh yeah, and it's my birthday. Hmm this is strange. Not the fact that it's my birthday, but the fact I care more about making Sarah remember this evening forever.

I had been pondering thoughts now in bed for a couple of minutes and decided to go to the kitchen for some breakfast. My stomach began to growl, the usual.

"Top of the mornin' to ya!" said Liam as tackled me into a bro hug.

"Happy Birthday man!" He said.

"Thanks!" I said.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Niall, happy birthday to you!"

I looked to see eight people that I cared about so much walking towards me. Harry was holding a cake, while Kendall, Zayn, Haley, Danielle, Louis, Eleanor, and Sarah followed behind him. Once they were done singing, Harry said, "LIAM! you were supposed to wait for the rest of us!" I laughed.

"Sorry! I wanted to be first!" Liam said with a puppy dog face.

Sarah broke away from the rest of them and approached me.

"Happy Birthday, but I'm still older!" she said in a flirty way as she gave me a hug.

I tickled her.

"Oh really now?" I said back.

"Yes, really!" she could barely get the words out. She was very tickle-ish.

"Who's ready for some cake!?" asked Harry.

"Meee!!!!!!!!!" I said.

"It has carrots in it, because I like people who eat carrots!" Louis said to me with a wink.

"Stop that, Louis! You're mine!" said Harry.

Everyone laughed.

"Its actually red velvet cake with chocolate icing. I made it!" said Harry.

"Yummm! Sounds great!" I said.

I had the best friends in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SARAH'S POV

I had just finished curling my long blonde hair into loose spirals before going to the concert. It was Niall's birthday and he had just turned 18. Earlier today, the boys had given us backstage passes for after the show. It felt strange getting a gift like that when it wasn't even our birthdays. However, I would never turn down backstage passes!

I was determined to find the perfect outfit for tonight. It was pretty chilly outside. I was wearing my tall, sand colored Uggs tucked into my blue hollister jeans, a white tank top with a brown cardigan and a white beanie hat. The boys had to be at the arena early so they had went over there awhile ago. Me, Eleanor, Danielle, Haley, and Kendall would be leaving in about ten minutes.