Chapter 1

"Well today we learned about what?"
The students looked around. The school was for the royal brats for them to learn etiquette. No one answered.
"Fine I'll call on... Prince Lance."
The boy with brown hair and blue eye was too busy causing tiny tornadoes on his desk to pay attention.
"Wow your father would be disappointed Lance."
Lance froze in place. His biggest insecurity was always used against him. He wanted his father to be proud of him. But he didn't know how. Suddenly a chilling air filled the room and a light blew out. A boy with long black hair and violet eyes entered the room. Lance looked at him.
"Keith!"
He stood up quick, pushing his desk away from him. The boy turned to him.
"Lance..."
Two other people stood in the room. Hunk the prince of the light kingdom and Pidge the princess of the plant kingdom. The four exchanged looks. Keith turned back to the teacher. The teacher spoke first.
"Keith you are late to class."
Keith shook his head.
"Actually... only princes and princesses come here. Not kings."
The class laughed thinking it was a joke. Everyone had known that Keith's parents were deceased but it was Keith wasn't old enough for him to become king. Realization hit Lance. He looked at Keith.
"Today is your 18th birthday! You are going to become king."
Keith wouldn't look up at them. Pidge and Hunk moved away from their seats and were about to walk up to Keith, when suddenly Lance had his arms wrapped around Keith.
"You are going to be a great king. Your people will love you."
His voice was soft and obviously cracking. Keith could feel the tears staining his shirt. Lance looked up at Keith, who seemed surprisingly tall even though he was shorter then Lance. Lance realized he was basically clinging to the Shadow king in front of him. Keith looked down at him from his hooded shaded cove. Lance knew this meant they weren't going to see each other until battle. Lance didn't want to let go of Keith only to be held tighter to him when Hunk and Pidge join the hug, all of them crying, even Keith.