Chapter 9

The screams of the people echoed throughout the kingdom as gunshots echoed through the streets and off of buildings. In the biggest building, in a small room, sat a huddled family of three. A male, clearly the oldest, a brown haired male that had a short beard, held onto two younger males. One, around the age of fifteen, had short black hair and had a look of determination, determination about what you may ask? Protecting the youngest male,  a boy around the age of ten that had black hair as well, but it went down to his shoulders in the back. He looked scared, holding onto his brother's arm for dear life and leaning into his father's torso, trying to block out the sounds of the guns, his crying barely noticeable in the loud noise.
"I have to go. Shiro. Stay here and protect Keith. You two... if I do not return, I want you to get into the vault. You two are to rule the kingdom if I cannot." The older male left before the younger two could return, never to be seen again with the twinkle of life in his eyes. Shiro, he did as he was told, he held onto Keith to protect him from the dangers and after fifteen minutes, ran him to the vault, opening the door, and pushing Keith inside.
"Do not leave. Not until you know it is safe." Shiro closed the door and ran off to try to find their father. Keith pounded on the vault door, screaming for his brother, going silent after five minutes and curling into a ball in the corner.
Meanwhile, Shiro ran through the chaos, thinking he was safe until he felt arms wrap around him, a hand cover his mouth and a voice that was muffled speak.
"This one will please the lord Zarkon."

So. I plan on the next three chapters also being flash backs to build up for what is to happen in later chapters! Hope you enjoyed!