Chapter 2

It had been two years since then. Lance sat in the Wind palace looking out his window. They were at war and his parents wanted to attack the Shadow Kingdom. Lance hugged his knees to his chest. He hadn't seen Pidge or Hunk in a while. With all the kingdoms suddenly at war they could lose all connections. He thought about Keith and the last look on his face as he walked out of the classroom for the last time. It had engraved itself into Lance's memories. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Then his mind traveled to their biggest secret. The two had been in a secret relationship. They would go out and have picnics at night because that was the only time they wouldn't get caught. They would sneak out of parties and would dance in the gardens, laughing together and holding each other tight. But the classroom was the last time they had seen each other. Lance opened his glass doors and walked out onto the balcony, leaning on the railing. Keith and him used to climb the walls and stand on the balcony, holding onto each other tightly. Lance let out a sigh. He didn't realize that his doors were closing until he heard the click. He turned around and freaked out.
"The doors lock from inside!!! How am I going to get in? If i don't get in there soon they will think I ran away."
Lance was about to start pounding on the glass, when a gloved hand grabbed his wrist.
"Lance."
Lance felt tears well up in his eyes as he turned around to see a person in a black cloak that hid their face. Lance grabbed the edges of the cloaks hood and slipped it down. He felt the warm tears go down his face as he looked into the lilac eyes of a boy with longish raven hair. Lance pulled him into a hug and the boy instantly hugged back.
"Keith... I've missed you."
Lance buried his face into Keith's neck.
"Ive missed you too. But i came on business. Well not really. You need to negotiate with your father for me."
Lance looked at Keith confused.
"Negotiate? Negotiate what?"
Keith took a deep breathe.
"I am still unmarried and the kingdoms now are allowing marriages of the same gender. Also, since you are younger then Allura... Allura would have to die before you got to be king. So if you say that the Shadow kingdom would negotiate land for your hand in the kings marriage... it could possibly get us to be able to stay together. And also not go to war with the other kingdoms. Because the Kingdom of Nature and the Wind Kingdom have a Treaty... also the Shadow Kingdom and Kingdom of Rocks has a treaty... Lance. This is the last hope in getting it so the kingdoms don't go to war. So we don't have to fight."
Lance stood still, confused.
"Ask to be... wedded... to you?"
Keith nodded. A huge smile crossed Lance's face.
"I will do all I can to get my father to participate in the making of the treaty!"
Lance hugged Keith again one last time, before Keith pulled away, kissed his cheek and climbed of the balcony and back into the shadows below.