Chapter 10

It was an ordinary day in the wind kingdom, Allura and Lance played in the garden with King Alfor watching the two. Allura was now 12 and Lance 10. He enjoyed everything about the garden and the colors, but he loved going to the trees in the back part of the garden. That is where he and his friend would meet and play, though he had to escape his father's sight before he was able to see his friend. He told Allura he wanted to go look at the roses, where she wouldn't want to go, and when he got the okay from his father, he ran off to the roses then took his secret path to the trees, running to the spot they met up, this time. The other boy was not here.
"Keith? Are you just hiding from me? Keith?" He looked around, thinking that Keith was just hiding until he heard his father call his name. He ran back, seeing his father worried and rushing the two inside.
"The shadow kingdom was just attacked and we may be next!" He pushed them in but Lance got free.
"Keith! We need to save Keith!" He looked at his father.
"Who is Keith?" Alfor was confused.
"My friend! He is from the shadow kingdom! We need to save the prince!" Lance felt himself be picked up as tears streamed down his face. He kicked and punched, but no matter what he tried, he couldn't get from his father's grasp.
"You are not allowed to talk to the shadow kingdom! We will have this discussion later! Allura! Take him to the safe room." Allura nodded and grabbed Lance's hand, dragging him to the room where he cried and hit her chest.

The flashbacks are going to be short so I apologize for the short chapters!!!