Chapter 4

Lance hadn't realized he had fallen asleep until he heard a light knock on the door, which surprisingly woke him up. It seemed like a familiar knock that he hadn't heard for years.
"Who is it?"
His voice was quiet but audible. He heard a snicker from the other side of the door.
"Not a way you should talk to your bestest friend there McClain."
Lance shoot up and ran to the door, flinging the door open and pulling Pidge into his room and into a tight embrace.
"Hey Katie!"
She laughed before punching my shoulder.
"Hey! So you and Keith... were a thing?"
Lance's eyes widened.
"Where did you hear that?!"
Pidge snickered.
"From the gossip gang. Also known as Allura and Mari. Mari thought it was cute. Allura seemed pissed, but whatever. She shouldn't be, she also is in a secret relationship. I should know. It's with me!" (Yes Pidge (Katie x Allura! I love Shiro x Allura but Shatt...)
Lance's jaw dropped.
"My best friend is dating my sister?!"
Pidge laughed.
"Oh. Your father wants to talk to you. In his office area thing."
She pulled out her phone. The case had vines on it. Lance nodded.
"Allura is in her room."
Pidge smiled at the fact that Lance knew what she wanted. She ran out of the room and down the hall. Lance sighed before walking to his father's office. He knocked on the door and instantly heard the voice he feared but also had grown to love.
"Come in Lance."
Lance opened the door and entered. His father sat behind a desk with his arms crossed over his chest.
"So you and the Shadow Ki- Keith."
Lance gulped but nodded.
"And he came to visit to make a deal?"
Lance nodded again.
"What exactly did he say?"
Lance took this as permission to speak.
"Well when he came he said the Shadow kingdom would willingly share land with the wind kingdom and that it would end all war due to the other two treaties. He... he missed me as much as I missed him... and just wanted the space between us to close."
His father stayed silent.
"He said there was a small chance of it working. And that's fine. But when we go into war, don't expect me to fight."
His father waved his hand, which was the signal to leave. Lance sighed and looked down. He turned and opened the door. Just before he exited, his father spoke, even lighter then before.
"I will think of this treaty. If it makes you happy."
Lance smiled, but only nodded, not turning to see his father. He closed the door and ran up the stairs an even bigger grin on his face. He stopped at Allura's door and listened in.
"Katie! I love you so much and i am so happy to see you!"
Lance moved closer to the door.
"Allura. You are to be queen soon. You need to get married. Let's tell your father."
Lance couldn't take it. He knocked on the door.
"Who is it?"
Pidge's voice was heard.
"Now is that the way to talk to your best friend and favorite brother?"
Allura snickered.
"Lance get in here."
Lance obeyed his sister's orders.
"Yes m'ladies?"
Allura shook her head.
"What did dad say? That grin says something good."
Lance laughed.
"He said he would think about it! He said if it made me that happy he would at least think about it. And you two should tell him of your relationship!"
Pidge smiled.