Chapter 1- What??

Y/N's Perspective

I walked through the door of my house after coming back from an exciting day at work. Wait did I say my house, I mean my parent's house. Yes, I still live with them but what can you expect when I just completed university with a total bill of about $50,000. I had just returned from work, and surprisingly I had gotten hired as an apprentice for an amazing biomedical engineer even if I'm right out of school and only 23 years old.

"I'm home" I waited, for the same response that my mother gave every day.

"Oh, Y/n thank god you made it home safely. Did you have a good day, was your boss nice did anyone try anything..." she walked into the room checking me for any injuries.

I cut her off"No mom, nothing happened. You do this every time I leave the house, even if just to take out the trash."

"Well, what can I do you're my only child, my daughter, my pride and, joy. Your father and I have to protect you, well at least until someone else gets that role."

I saw that mother was hinting my current status, single and never had a relationship. " Mom, how many times do we have to go through this I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment. Don't give me that same talk as always, for you know what caused me to lose the ability to love others."

"Ya, I know but one day you'll need to. I know that you are a strong independent woman who can provide for herself but I speak from experience that you need to have someone beside you during the journey of life. Anyways, we're going out for dinner tonight at seven as a family no need to dress up to fancy but just know that it is a better restaurant then normal.

That surprised me because we only go out to places when,one we have no food or two there is big news that needs to be shared because we always cook our meals. "Okay, Mom."

I walk down the steps into the basement and enter my room. I could have had the upstairs room but I prefer the feeling that basements give me, what can I say I'm a sucker for horror. I toss my bag onto my bed and look at myself in the mirror to find that my hair has been messed up from the walk home so I decided to take a shower before getting dressed for dinner.

------Time-Skip-----

I stand inside of an amazing restaurant in one my old dresses from high school. The only problem I have is why are we here, there has to be something going on for us to go to a place as fancy as this. We get seated in a secluded corner, My father, and Mother on one side and me on the other.

 We get seated in a secluded corner, My father, and Mother on one side and me on the other

"So, Y/N I can tell you wondering why your Mother and I took you to this restaurant

"So, Y/N I can tell you wondering why your Mother and I took you to this restaurant. And just be sure not to freak out, but your mother and I wear thinking...well...for you and the betterment of your future that...we...would..well...we.."

"Y/N we set up an arranged marriage for you"

My eyes went wide at that statement made by my mother before I whisper yelled "WHATTTT?"