Chapter 64-Break In

I sat in the living room watching some television, well Netflix as I was finished work and home alone. Charles had gone out to grab groceries and some other stuff and I preferred to stay home since I was too lazy to change out of my pajamas and too shy to go out in public so dressed down. Charles simply told me to stay safe and to not eat all the cookies in the cookie jar but I was currently half way through all the cookies and only half way through the second episode of my most recent show I planned to binge watch.

I didn't have much time to binge but when I did I binged for a while seeing as I planned to not move from the couch for at least a few hours. I had water, soda, chips, chocolate and more on the coffee table in front of me and I used the bathroom before hand so that I wouldn't have to pause to use it later. I was also surrounded by numerous blankets, pillows and had on the most comfortable pajamas I owned, as you could tell I was a master at binging shows.

I was tuned into the end of the episode when I suddenly heard the sound of a car door closing, don't ask why but I was always really sensitive to noises and especially car doors closing or opening from outside. I could always tell where is was from distance wise and the door seemed to be from right outside the house, I knew it wasn't Charles since he'd always text me that he was on his way home and he'd barley been gone. I then went into defense mode from what I learned from movies, murders in crimes and what I've done, books and even video games.

I quickly sat up and made sure to grab my phone which I turned to silent right away, I moved to grab a pocket knife from the counter for my pocket and a larger kitchen knife for my hands. I managed to glance out the window to see a car I had never seen before with two people standing out of it and a third inside. I took note of what I could see and noticed that they stupidly parked so I could see the license plate. I wrote down everything that I could in my notes on my phone which I could send to Charles right away. I first wrote a small part explaining what was going on before writing the plate and explaining the car before the people.

The one inside was a man, I could see he was white with black hair pushing out from the dark brown hoodie he had on. The man outside had on all black, a hoodie, jeans, shoes, mark and even gloves. He was white too with blonde hair poking out but it was long hair. The other seemed to be a woman with her hair tied up into a pony tail that looked brown in the streetlighting as she had black leggings on and a matching hoodie, gloves and shoes. I could see a knife in each of their waistbands and a gun on the dashboard of the car, lets hope it doesn't get that far. 

I saw they were still talking so I double checked the doors and windows which were all locked up and the curtains were drawn, since I turned off all the lights and television they had no clue that I was here. I proceed to send Charles the message before calling emergency services, I wasn't going to try and be the hero and didn't want to kill a person today cause I was too lazy to have to clean that up and deal with the body.

"Emergency services operator. What is your emergency?" ( Btw I say emergency service since not everyone has 911 as the number, I do though as a Canadian!)

"Hi, I am home alone and I heard a car door open and I looked out to see three individuals one man in a car and one of each gender out of it. They are all in dark colours and I can see a knife in both of their waistbands and a gun on the dashboard. I double checked all the doors and windows, have a knife in my hands and back pocket just in case. I am currently in a room that is locked but there is a small window that I can see them from but they can't fit through. They are still by the car."

"Where are you miss and what's your name?" I tell her the address and my full name. "Alright, we're sending officers your way."

"I think they are coming over to the door operator, I also told my boyfriend what's going on by sending him a message explaining all the people just in case. He hasn't responded." I found it better to say boyfriend in this situation cause why else would I be living with a man.

"Could you tell me if he does respond and please explain the people to me as well." I go on explaining as I see them scout the house for the best way in.

"That's what they look like, they are now at the front door and they seem to be attempting to pick the lock." I wasn't scared cause if it came to it I knew I could kill them.

"Don't worry miss the police are on there way." I look at my phone to see that Charles texted me.

"My boyfriend said he's on his way." I heard the operator type away.

"Tell him that the police have it under control and to not do anything stupid cause they are armed." I do as she said even if I knew that Charles wouldn't listen and didn't need to since he was far more dangerous than any criminal in the city. Guess time will tell what he does cause I just heard the front door get forced open.