Chapter 57-Wisdom

Hey guys, I am so sorry that the upload was late this weekend it is currently 1:03 am Sunday for me. It was late cause my best friend that I haven't seen since August since she had to move is in town this weekend and I spend the day with her. Sorry once more.

Luckily the police left us alone after that one encounter, they used tat footage of one camera that held the road in order to track down cars that passed by. Truth was that it was a highly edited by yours truly, that's a like I simply switched out old footage and the new one with a small amount of editing just to make sure the dates and what not lined up and I made sure that the weather of the two days was the same basically.

However today was my last day with Norman anyways, I was all packed up and ready to go to the next killer. Norman of course didn't want me to go due to his mother side but his actual self had enough control to let me go even if he promised that he would see me again no matter what. Norman let me sleep in since my flight was late in the day, he then made me breakfast that he delivered to my bed set up a nice bath and later lunch as well.

I know stood at the door of the house waiting for him to come and see me off by joining me to the taxi that was now waiting for me. Norman just said that he needed to grab one thing before he could say bye to me so I now stood awkwardly by the door until sudden heavy footsteps came flying down the stairs. There was Norman with a small box.

"Y-Y/N this is for you!" Norman passes me the box and watches as I pull on the ribbon that decorated the white container. I pull out a bracelet, it looked vintage but gorgeous.

"This is beautiful Norman." I look up at him and see him blushing while smiling to the floor.

"Thank y-you, it was my mothers. S-she wants you to have it, w-whether or not you m-marry m-m-me." I open my arms for a hug that Norman accepts right away, pulling me tight to him before surprising me. He picks me up off of the floor and wraps my legs around his waist. I locked them behind him as his hands hold me in place until I steady myself with my heads around his neck, gently resting over his back. 

"N-Norman?" I was confused, where did this sudden rise in confidence come from, must be his mother helping him send me off to the plane.

"Shhh, just let me do this last thing." And his stuttering was gone. One of his hands effortlessly carried my stuff as the other remained on me. His strength was surprising but I didn't question anything. He opened the door and walked down the steps to the cab who's driver was patiently waiting for me. When he saw me around Norman he smiled softly, as if glad to see young love since he was relatively old.

Norman placed the bags down and the driver, who seemed to ship us too much moved to put them on the truck. He stood silently and didn't force us to hurry so that we could have a proper goodbye. I caught sight of a wedding ring and understood that he must have been reminiscing for when he and his lover were like this when younger. Opposite to his understanding we were not a couple but that didn't stop Norman for his next move apparently.

Norman, who must still be partially controlled by his mother moved one hand up from my thighs to tilt my head back. He stared into my eyes with such passion that we would look to be in love from any person, meaning the driver. He suddenly pecked my lips and it was all over faster than it even occurred. Norman pushed a piece of hair behind my ear before letting me down and hugging me.

"Half a safe slight Y/N." I nod into his shoulder and thank him before I was off in the taxi and driving away from the man. 

"Your boyfriend, can you tell me about him?" The driver decided to question me about half way to the airport and I decided that I may as well just say that we were together.

"He's sweet but strong, caring and quite the gentlemen who respects women and he more courts than dates. He isn't the perfect man but no one is, but he made me happy during my visit." The man nods and smiles brightly.

"Reminds me of me and my wife, we both had to get through many men and women to find each other. In the end it was worth it for we have been together for nearly 40 years and have grandkids at this point. I am sure that in the end you will end up with who you are meant to be with, be it that man or another." I thanked him for his wisdom and the rest of our drive was full of him telling me stories and words of advice.