Chapter 48-Dinner Date

(Special two chapter weekend for you, a present for ya'll.)

The smell grew as I walked down the stairs, each step sent a waft of the delightful smell into my nose. It filled me with warmth and almost held the feeling one would get for Thanksgiving of Christmas dinner. I turned the corner towards the kitchen and dinning room which I remembered from the movies. 

I walked in to see Norman with a towel on the belt of his pants and his back turned to me as he faced the two plates in front of him. I couldn't see what was on them but I could see that he was adding some random green garnish. The last step I took made the floor creak under me catching Norman's attention who immediately turned and smiled charmingly at me.

"Ah I s-see that you are right on t-tome for dinner. I have set up t-the living room for tonight's dinner instead of eating here. P-please follow me." Norman picks up the plates to a point that I can't see what is on them. I follow him to the living room.

As we turned into it I gasped, he'd set it up to be like a romantic dinner a man would place for his woman on the day he wished to propose to her. It was like a scene out of a movie. There was a circular table with a white table cloth, on that sat rose petals, candles and utensils. Norman places the two plates down to finish the look.

"Please sit down." He pulls out my chair and waist for me to sit down, far too much of a gentleman is he. I sit down and suddenly feel so underdressed in my sweatpants and t shirt from travel as Norman had changed into a tucked in button down.

"This is all so amazing Norman, how did you even pull this off." Norman blushes as he sits down, staring into my eyes as he speaks.

"It was all m-mother's  idea, she h-helped me with all of this. I h-hope you like it, d-d-do y-you?" I smile at him and notice how gorgeous his eyes truly are.

"I do, it is beautiful far more than I deserve." Norman's eyebrows raise at that comment.

"You deserve the world Y/N, I-I want to prove to you that you do. Now why don't we d-dig in, I've made lamb with a side of peas and a secret recipe sauce and I wasn't sure if you were vegetarian so I also have some vegetarian shepherd's pie on the side." (Tried to have both sides here.) 

"Thank you for thinking in advance Norman, this all looks delicious." I take a bite out of my chosen dish and my mouth explodes with flavours. The spice is perfect as it is cooked splendidly, not to mention the special sauce kicking even more.

"I hope it is too your liking." Norman wipes his mouth with a napkin as he speaks, his manners on point and amazing.

"It is more than that, it is perfect. I have never had something so good."  Norman blushes once more and I can't even remember how many times he has, his shyness is adorable even though he is a killer and to think of it if I didn't know who he was you'd think that he would never even hurt a fly.

"That is a d-delight to hear, here mother says that music seems to be needed for a...r-romantic dinner. Mother please you're embarrassing me, this is not a date." I giggle at his external fight with his sides.

"We can see it as one if you'd like Norman for I would, I mean this all is leading to me picking who to marry so technically this is a date. If you'd like to." Norman's eyes light up and he nods.

"Yes I w-would l-love to see this as a d-da-date." Norman stands and sets up a record player, romantic piano music filling the air. I smile at Norman as he sits down once more.

"Now why don't we finish dinner, wouldn't want this to get cold would we." He nods and we begin to eat, chatting about his motel, my job, our childhoods and much more random stuff. He told me the story about how he learned to ride a bike and I told him mine. It took about twenty minutes for dinner to be completed as we sat chatting foe ten minutes after that.

"Oh wait I almost forgot I made desert, please excuse me." I nod, watching as Norman heads back to the kitchen with our empty plates in hand and a few seconds later he is back with two full plates in his hand.

"Here is my s-signature cheesecake, red velvet w-with cream cheese frosting." He places each plate down before sitting, passing me a fork. 

"Why are you such an amazing cook and baker, I can barely make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning the house down." Norman chuckles as I take a bit of the cake with wins my heart at the taste. Man I might just marry Norman for his cooking but of course marriage is based off of more than that.

"Well I am sure you can do better than that but a m-man is supposed to provide everything for his wife and in my m-mind that includes food."

"Well I do work but having someone who is willing to cook is quite nice for me since I can't." Norman takes a bite of the cake and I can only think about how hard the decision of who to marry will be.