Rooftop

"Kanato?." You whispered, peaking through his bedroom door. Not here, you thought, closing the door shut. You smiled. Strangely you smiled as instead of a frown taking over your face, your eyes lit up. If he's not in his room then he's certainly there. He's always there. Even if time passes, hundreds of centuries go by, he'd always be there. You smiled wider, heading to the rooftop. There's something in that place-something you couldn't pinpoint, that had kept you coming back for over countless of times. It wasn't the breeze, it wasn't the stars. You came, and immediately spot Kanato on the edge and you realized: it's just him. You sit beside him and realized: it's just him who could make rooftops special. That you can sit on any rooftops, hang out on any rooftops, but without him it would never be the same. You rest your head on his shoulder and realized: it's just him who could make every thoughts fade in the air, and only the two of you matter. Just the two of you, throughout the night. It's this spot, this rooftop that meant the world to you-that anyone can take anything from you but not this place. And as he puts an arm around your shoulder, you realize you can't lose Kanato too.