Chapter 10~ She is Trouble

Next morning, Aashi woke up with puffy eyes and red nose. Luckily, she woke up before anyone else did. Quickly she washed her face and fixed her hair. As she returned into the tent, her eyes met Laila's who now sat on her side looking around sleepily.

'Good morning.' Laila said. Aashi doesn't reply, she busied herself into packing her bag. To her annoyance, Laila came and sat beside her.

'Listen, I know you are mad about last night.' She began but Aashi ignored her and angrily stuffed her clothes into her bag.

'But please don't misunderstand us. Nothing happened, trust me.' Laila sounded sorry, and when Aashi looked at her, she battled her eyelids and pouted sadly.

Sorry, yeah right! Aashi thought bitterly.

'We didn't kiss, it was just...just happened.' Laila clarified further, fakeness dripping from her voice.

Yeah, because Rishabh would never kiss a pig face like you, Aashi thought inwardly, but from outside she remained tight lips.

*******************************

Outside Rishabh didn't meet Aashi's gaze and she was okay with it. But as they drove back home, she caught his gaze many times.

Like always, Aashi was the last one to be dropped.

'Bye, Rishabh.' Laila said sweetly as she got down the car.

Aashi watched as Rishabh gave her a small smile. After Laila had disappeared inside her building Rishabh looked up at the rear-view mirror, - 'Aashi, come sit here.' He patted the passenger seat. Aashi didn't want to argue and waste time and quietly got down.

'Hey, Aashi. Kya hua? Why are you behaving like this?' Rishabh asked placing his hand on hers.

'Like what?' Aashi shrugged.

'Listen, Aashi. I didn't mean to kiss her...I just...she was sobbing and then she came close to me...I... guess I got carried away.'

'So,' - Aashi shrugged, - 'why are you justifying? Kiss anyone you want...but the reason why I am angry is-' Aashi twisted her body little to look at him, her concern took over her anger, - 'that girl is trouble.' She said seriously

Rishabh blinked at her for few seconds before saying, - 'Come on, Aashi. Seriously?' He shook his head. Aashi frowned.

'Then do whatever you want.' She said leaning back and folding her arms. Rishabh looked at her for a while before driving.

******************************

One week later, the college reopened, Aashi and Rishabh and gotten back to being normal again. One day before the results were out, Rishabh had been sweating like a pig worrying about the results especially the last one. Luckily, he just passed that one and got decent marks in the others.

'See I told you, you can never fail when I am there with you.' Aashi said proudly.

Aashi, on the other hand, had passed with excellence, she even beat Kajal and came second. Suchitra seemed to be a tough competitor, but Aashi knew she will beat her too, someday.

******************************

One month passed peacefully, with Laila trying her best to get closer to Rishabh but Aashi shielded him well, and even he didn't seem comfortable with her advances. Perhaps, Aashi's words subconsciously made him more alert.

'What is up with you and Laila? You make faces like she is some germ.' Suchitra said over lunch

'Dunno, I just know she is trouble. There is something seriously wrong. The way she tries coming close to Rishabh, the way she always plays the victim card. Her body language. But I don't have proof. One day when I do, I will expose that rat.' Aashi fisted her fingers tightly.

'Yup.' Kajal nodded and both Suchitra and Aashi turned their heads to look at her, she swallowed a morsel and said, - 'That day I heard her ex-boyfriend, Jeet say that everything was fine between them until the tryouts, after that she just broke up with him.'

Aashi gaped at her, - 'What?' Aashi then went on to tell them how she and Rishabh found Laila in the storeroom crying her eyes out saying Jeet had hit her. Suchitra and Kajal both looked on wide-eyed. Aashi grew more suspicious.

*******************************

One month later, Aashi stayed back after College, she has planned to support Rishabh in his football match. Since they are in the second year, Rishabh has gotten a chance to be team captain, like always in school. And today is a match against their rival, another College. They had not won a match against the College in three years. It was a big match and like always, Rishabh wanted Aashi there with him.

Aashi, as usual, sat in the front row. She held the water sipper tightly in her hand as she watched the match with utter concentration.

As the Referee blew the whistle for half-time, Aashi climbed down her seat and hurried towards Rishabh. But to her surprise, there was someone already there.

'Laila.' Aashi's expressions turned dark. For a moment, she thought she should walk away but thought to let it be, for a stupid girl she doesn't want to ruin Rishabh's big day.

Laila had just handed Rishabh the water bottle when Aashi interrupted them. A broad smile appeared on his face when he saw her, and a broader smile appeared on Aashi's face when he took her water bottle and not Laila's. Laila's expression was priceless.

'What are you doing here?' Laila asked bitterly.

'Supporting my best friend.' Aashi said with a smile. Nothing kills the enemy more than a smile.

Soon as the match began, Rishabh looked at Aashi who smiled and gave him thumbs up, he acknowledged it with a slight nod. Aashi knew Laila was fuming beside her. Within minutes, Laila stood up and walked away. Aashi smirked watching her go.

'YAAAY....' Aashi jumped up cheering loudly as their team won the match. After three years, under Rishabh's captaincy, they won the match. Aashi went so proud.

She literally hopped towards him. Rishabh was all sweaty and panting badly as he hugged all his teammates, they all cheering happily. Aashi watched with happy tears in her eyes.

'Aashi.' Rishabh hugged her. Though he was sweaty and smelling, Aashi didn't mind. She liked it.

'I am so proud of you.' She said hugging him back. They parted, and she handed him the water bottle and towel.

'Thanks.' Rishabh said, taking the towel from her hand he looked around, his eyes searching for someone.

'Where is Laila?' He asked and Aashi stiffened.

He looked at her for a second before taking a sip of water.

'I don't know. She just walked away.' Aashi shrugged. Rishabh looked slightly worried. Aashi didn't like that look.

*********************************

Aashi Rocks *sunglasses emoji* Laila burns *swag wala sunglasses emoji* But Rishabh *nervous*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? What do you think Laila's motives are? Is she in love with Rishabh? What will happen next? Excited? Drop in your thoughts *kisses*