Chapter 61~ Confession

As days passed, Rishabh slowly began to return to normal, very, very slowly. But Aashi was satisfied with the progress. They avoided each other at Office, and behaved very professionally. But whenever they got a chance, they exchanged eye locks or smiles. But with each passing day, Aashi felt slightly restless, she wants to confess her feelings but also doesn't want to drop a bomb on him and spoil their budding friendship. Whenever she has random talks with her friend, who is now very busy with her married life. Still one week after their honeymoon, Suchitra was still going on and on about her trip to Manali. Other times, Suchitra keeps advising Aashi to go for it and confess her feelings.

'Just Propose and see what he says. Then just say, April fool.' Suchitra suggested brightly. Aashi rolled her eyes - It's September

********************

Saturday night, Aashi and Rishabh sat on the floor with a bowl of chips to their side and a board of scrambles in between them. Rishabh wasn't in support of this as it needed usage of brain, typical Rishabh, but Aashi insisted. For some reason, she became aggressive when he refused. He got suspicious of her but let her be. Throughout the game, she kept glancing at him.

'Are you alright?' Rishabh asked.

'Yes, yes.' Aashi replied not looking up from the board. Rishabh eyed her. He was sensing something was wrong, she seemed very restless.

After a while, Aashi looked up at Rishabh. His knuckles pressed against his lips, his eyebrows furrowed, his gaze fixed on the board. She looked towards the kitchen and then at him. She cleared her throat and he looked up.

'Rishabh, if you don't mind. Can you get cold drinks, please?' She blinked her eyes cutely at him. He nodded and got up. Aashi watched him go to the open kitchen. She looked down and quickly began rearranging words on the board. She panicked little as she heard his footsteps. But quickly arranged everything and moved back. She pushed her hair strands from her face and closed her eyes.

'Hey, Aashi. I didn't find an-' Rishabh stopped speaking. There is silence. Slowly, Aashi opened her eyes and looked at him. He stood in front of her, his gaze on the board. Aashi gulped and looked down at the board.

Moving all other letters aside, Aashi had used only the ones needed forming the sentence

I LOVE YOU on the board.

Rishabh moved his head up and looked at her.

Aashi placed her palm on the sofa behind her and propped herself up, she stood facing him. Rishabh gaped at her. His expressions only confused Aashi.

Was he angry? Emotional? What? Aashi looked nervously at him.

'What is all this?' He spoke after he had found his voice. Aashi simply stared at him.

'Tell me this is not some joke?' He sounded irritated.

Shit!

For a moment, Aashi considered using Suchitra's idea but dropped it. It will not only make her look like a fool but also, she will lose a perfect chance. Aashi gulped the tight lump in her throat and shook her head. His expressions relaxed.

'Rishabh, this is not a joke.' Aashi felt her heart beat increasing, this interfered with her speech. With her heart in her mouth and holding his gaze, she said, - 'I love you.'

Rishabh stared at her for a second before looking away, he sighed. Aashi pressed her lips tightly and kept watching him.

'Rishabh, I- don't have control on my emotions. I- can't-help but fall in love with you. When? I don't know, but I know one thing that I have always loved you.' She confessed. Now, that the cat is out of the bag, Aashi got more confident. She took a step and held his hand. Rishabh looked at their hands and then at her, - 'You don't have to love me back. I just wanted you to know my feelings.' She said.

Rishabh moved his hand from her grip and Aashi felt her heart drop. He shook his head.

'You know, Aashi. After our fall out at the fresher's party I wanted to talk to you and came to your home as well, but your parents didn't let me. I guess one of your friends tipped them. While I was with Laila all the while I kept thinking about you and tried contacting you, searching for you but you had disappeared. But I always missed you.' – He lowered his head momentarily before looking back up, - 'After I and Laila parted ways, not only was I missing you the most but also felt terribly guilty for not trusting you and behaving like a complete idiot. Aashi (sigh) Over the years, I- I,' – he avoided her gaze as he spoke, - 'I realized that'- he paused for a moment, - 'I – I love you.' He confessed.

*******************************

WHAT!!!!!

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them in the comments, please *smiles*