Chapter 30~ The Interview

Sorry, guys i couldnt update earlier *sad face* So, as compensation here is a long update.

Enjoy *smiles* *smiles* And please, don't forget to vote and comment :*

****************************

One week later,

Aashi walked towards her cabin when John greeted her just outside her cabin.

'Good morning, Maam.'

'Morning.' Aashi replied and entered her cabin with John following her. She had noticed him holding a file and her heart began racing with anticipation to know if Rishabh was selected.

'Maam, we have selected three Candidates, you can interview them.' He said placing the file on the table. Aashi nodded calmly. Though she was calm from outside, a storm brewed inside her. Five minutes after John had left, she leaned forward and picked up the file. Her heart thumped in her chest. She flipped pages and after two candidates, there he was Rishabh. Aashi felt relieved.

'Okay, Mr. Kalish you may leave. If you are selected my team will get in touch with you.' Aashi said formally. Kalish nodded confidently

'Sure, Maam.' He said standing up. Aashi closed his file as he walked out.

'Maam, next one is the best.' John whispered to Aashi.

I know, Aashi thought with a smile looking at Rishabh's file.

John asked his assistant Kalpana to go get Rishabh, she nodded and left. Aashi felt her heart beat increase again.

Soon, the door opened and Rishabh entered. As his gaze met Aashi's she felt mixed emotions, her heart dropped also it skipped a beat. She clenched the armrest tightly as he walked in, a forced smile on his lips.

'Good afternoon.' Rishabh greeted them.

'Good Afternoon.' John greeted him extending his hand. Rishabh shook hands with him. Aashi quickly wiped her palm on her black pencil skirt as he looked at her.

'Good afternoon, Maam.'

Maam, Aashi didn't like him being so formal with her.

'Good afternoon.' Aashi tried to sound stern, she extended her hand. Though it wasn't visible her hand shook. She felt nervous.

Rishabh extended his hand and their palms touched. Aashi felt shivers as his skin touched hers. After a decade she is touching him, it feels very nice, like summer rains. She smiled little but quickly fixed her expressions.

The interview passed quickly, it was mostly John interviewing him. Most of the time, Aashi avoided looking at him. She couldn't look at him, into his sad haunting eyes. She wished she could get to know his past, the struggles, his heartbreak.

'So, Mr. Khurana, after completing your BBA, you were working as an accountant in a company that wasn't so profitable, why? Why didn't you do your MBA sooner, why the gap?

Aashi asked. John and Rishabh looked at her. She looked back with confidence. She noticed Rishabh posture stiffen.

'It was a personal reason, Maam.' Rishabh said seriously. A tone that clearly said, back off. Aashi nodded, clearly, he isn't comfortable with that part. But then, since when did he and she started to feel uncomfortable sharing their pain.

'Okay, then-' John broke their eye contact with his hoarse voice. The interview continued.

Fifteen minutes later, Aashi closed his file and looked at him, - 'That is it from us, Mr. Khurana my team will get in touch with you if you are selected.' She said forwarding him his file. Rishabh nodded taking his file.