Chapter 43~ The Ex-Lover

Aashi rang the door-bell expecting Suchitra to scold her for coming so late. She had just gone to drop off Rishabh instead, she came leisurely after lunch. But to Aashi's surprise, Himanshu opened the door. He looked worried. Aashi frowned and then she rushed in fearing something might have happened to Suchitra. The living room was empty. Aashi looked worriedly at Himanshu.

'She is in the room, asleep.' Himanshu said simply. Aashi looked confused.

'What?' She managed to ask.

'I had come to see you and Rishabh. You guys had left, so I was chatting with Suchitra. Then your landlord's son... Aditya came and he turned out to be Suchitra's Ex. There was a huge argument, as he thought that I and she were doing some funny business. A lot of screaming and confessions and accusing and stuff happened. After he left claiming he still loves her, Suchitra broke down crying but I managed to console her, and she then fell asleep so I made her rest in the room.' Himanshu explained.

Aashi caught her forehead sitting on the couch, so much happened but she wasn't there by Suchitra's side. Aashi was sure if she was here when all this happened she would have surely kicked and punched Aditya. What does he think of himself? After so many years he has come back to claim rights on her. Aashi pressed her lips tightly feeling angry.

'And... she didn't have lunch.' Himanshu added.

Aashi looked up at him and smiled gratefully, - 'Thanks for being there for her.'

'Hey, there is no need to say thanks. She has become my friend too.' Himanshu said and Aashi smiled.

Aashi didn't disturb Suchitra for the rest of the day. She busied herself with work, occasionally talking with Rishabh. Even he sounded concerned when Aashi narrated about Aditya.

************************

Later that night, Aashi quickly wrapped up work and ordered from Suchitra's favorite restaurant. Soon, the door-bell rang and Aashi got the parcel. She placed it on the table and walked towards Suchitra's room.

'Suchi?' She called knocking at the door. After a while, Suchitra's croaked voice came from the other side. Aashi forced a smile and entered. Suchitra sat on the bed looking disheveled with swollen eyes, messy hair and a groggily look.

'Hey, how are you feeling?' Aashi asked concerned as she sat beside her on the bed.

'I... don't know...' Suchitra said in her hoarse voice. Aashi noticed fresh tears glistening in her eyes.

'Arey, why are you crying for that jerk?' Aashi asked wrapping her arm around Suchitra and pulling her into a side hug.

'I...know...' Suchitra sniffed separating their frames, - 'I am such a fool.' She said. Aashi shook her head. She leaned forward, placing her fingers under her chin she made her friend look at her, into her eyes.

'No, not you. Aditya is. God knows what is his problem?' Aashi said bitterly.

Suchitra sighed, - 'and the best part, Aashi. Now, I am not sure if I love him anymore.'

'Just coz of how he behaved today.'

'Not just that...I did love him a lot in college but after our breakup and meeting him after so long, I just didn't feel that spark again. I was taken aback when I first saw him, and I thought it was love but...'

'Is there anyone else?'

Suchitra looked at Aashi and shrugged, - 'I don't know, Aashi.' She said seriously. Aashi nodded, she smiled patting her friend's shoulder and urged her to freshen up as she plates dinner. Suchitra nodded.

As the two girls had their dinner silently Aashi noticed tears in Suchitra's eyes but she didn't probe her. After dinner, Aashi tugged Suchitra to bed and asked before leaving, - 'You want me to sleep next to you?'

Suchitra smiled sadly shaking her head, - 'Thanks, but I am okay.' She said softly.

Aashi nodded, - 'I am just in the next room, disturb me whenever you feel like.' She winked and Suchitra smiled sadly. Aashi bid her good night and walked out of the room.

Aashi kept pacing in her room unable to sleep. She contemplated many times to call Rishabh. But the time, 10.30 made her think otherwise.

Then she called him by 10.45, Rishabh is her childhood friend, she can call him even at 5 am.

Rishabh: Hey

His voice sounded crisp and that made Aashi confident as he wasn't sleeping.

Aashi: Hey

Rishabh: How is Suchitra?

Aashi: She has slept. She is quite disturbed

Rishabh: Hmmm.... But she is lucky because you are by her side

Aashi: Hmmm....

Rishabh: Aashi

Aashi straightened on her bed noticing the change in the tone of his voice.

Rishabh: Don't worry about her. She has you by her side, you are a dedicated friend. She will be alright.

Aashi smiled, nodding her head.

The two spoke for some more time before bidding good night. Aashi lay on her side and closed her eyes. That night she had a beautiful dream, a dream in which it was her and Rishabh, together as kids, as teens, and as adults. She experienced their beautiful friendship once again, which grew and blossomed into love.

She dreamt of her confession, and him confessing he loves her too. As she dreamt, a smile appeared on her face.

**************************************

Hey, My lovelies Rank #5. Hurray

A big Thank you, hugs and kisses to all my readers for your love and support

A big Thank you, hugs and kisses to all my readers for your love and support. *Muuaaaah*

So, guys how was the Chapter? Drop in your comments :* :*