Family Game Night

Key:

(Y/N)- Your name

(C/N)- crush name, because why not?

(C/L/N)- crush's last name

Josh's POV:

"I still can't believe I let you guys drag me into this. I can live my own life, for crying out loud!" I said, as Maya and Riley laughed at my outburst.

"Joshua, you love us." Maya said, and I had to bite my tongue.

"Yeah, I do. After all, you're family."

"Riley, is he coming?" Maya asked, and I looked at her.

Before I could ask, I saw Zay walk through the door. No way was she dating HIM!

"Did he come?" Maya asked, and Zay nodded. I wasn't jealous of this mystery guy, even though just talking about him made Maya smile. Before I knew it, the last person I was expecting walked through the door. His name was (C/N), and he had the attention of Maya Hart. 

"Oh, hey. Josh, right?" (C/N) said, and I nodded tensely. Why is HE here tonight? He can't POSSIBLY be Maya's date. I'd take ZAY over him any day. The most popular guy in NYU, goes through a new girl every week, it seems.

"Josh, meet my new BOYFRIEND, (C/N) (C/L/N). He's been very sweet to me." Maya said, smiling at him. I remembered the way she'd smile at me, and couldn't help but be jealous of him. Did I really enjoy the attention she gave me that much? Or was something else involved in my jealousy? And was she TRYING to make me jealous?

"I already know him. He's in some of my classes." I said, not looking at her in his embrace. Riley was looking at us strangely, and I could already hear it.

"Bay window. Bay window RIGHT NOW!" Riley said, and Maya headed towards her room. I was expecting her and Riley to leave me alone with the guy,  but Riley cleared her throat. "Not you, Maya. Josh, bay window. Bay window right now!"

Me and Maya just stood there, shocked that I was the one who had made the bay window necessary.

Maya's POV:

Did Riley REALLY just tell Josh to sit in the bay window? That's normally OUR space. Nobody else disturbs the magic of the bay window. It's not that it's not ALLOWED, per se, it just never normally happens. Oh, there ARE times where it's been disturbed, but never because RILEY told them to.

 Oh, there ARE times where it's been disturbed, but never because RILEY told them to

Like for instance, when me and Riley snuck out to the college party a few years ago. That was probably the bravest thing I have EVER done. I had made sure Josh knew exactly how I felt about him. After that, I realized I had a conscience. Oddly enough, the tater tot still shows up when I feel guilty.

 Oddly enough, the tater tot still shows up when I feel guilty