Girl Meets Storm

Maya's POV:

"JOSH!" She called out, already not being able to see through the wind-blown leaves and pelting rain. She hoped he was nearby, and she wouldn't have to go out into that storm. However, it didn't seem likely, and she sighed softly. She threw up the hood of her sweatshirt, and braved the storm. Trying to think of local areas that he would duck into, she tried Topanga's, with absolutely no luck at all. She then tried the local museum, but saw they were closed. She went to walk back through the park, when she heard her name faintly behind her, almost drowned out from the storm.

"MAYA!" The figure shouted, and grabbed her quickly, shoving her under one of the many play sets. Lightning flashed across the sky, and Josh Matthews' face lit up, clouded with anger and worry. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, COMING AFTER ME LIKE THAT?"

"I was thinking that you shouldn't be out in this storm by yourself!" Maya yelled back, and Josh looked at her. "Listen, Josh. I'm sorry. For everything. For freaking out whenever you came to visit the Matthews. For bringing (C/N) over tonight. For not kissing you when you were right there in front of me."

"Maya?"

"I'm not finished. I'm also sorry for agreeing to the Long Game. I never wanted us to fight because of it. And now, we're in the middle of the park, soaking wet, in a thunderstorm, because I decided that it was a smart decision to fight over whether or not I was a rebound. I know I'm not a rebound, but after all this time, it's hard to think of myself as anything BUT a rebound. I'm also sorry that I made you jealous, by the way, even though that was totally my intention behind doing what I did tonight."

"MAYA!"

Maya finally looked up at Josh, mainly because his hand was now tilting her head up to do so. He had leaned forward, and while Maya had originally chalked it up to barely being able to hear her, she realized now that he was waiting for her reaction to how close he was.

"Josh?"

"It's up to you this time, Maya," he said, smirking down at the blonde that was sitting in front of him. "I'm letting you take the lead this time."

She grinned, and felt his hands slide down to rest on her lower back and hips as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She kissed him quickly, and after only a second or two, pulled away from him. He let her slither from his grasp, but smiled none-the-less when she turned around to rest in his arms, as they watched the storm take over New York, safe in the shelter of a plastic play set, and one another's arms.

~Time Skip~

Josh groaned as direct sunlight hit his eyes, and sat up in a daze. He heard someone groan, and turned to the girl beside him, who had been using him as a pillow until 5 seconds ago.

"Five more minutes, Mom!" The blonde said, turning back to Josh and laying her head in his lap without opening her eyes.

"Maya, I sure hope I ain't your mother," he said, and her eyes popped open.

"JOSH?! Wait, where are we?"

"In the park, still. We must've passed out during the storm last night. I think it's probably close to 7 now."

"Oh, in that case," Maya said, closing her eyes and laying her head on his lap again. "Wake me up when it's close to 8."

"Maya," He said, scoldingly. "Topanga, Cory, Zay, Auggie, (C/N), and Riley are bound to be worried. We left last night, and never returned."

"You know, I hate it when you're right."

Josh laughed, and Maya resisted the urge to press a quick kiss to his lips, but settled instead for hugging him. He hugged her back, and in one surprising move, had both of them standing. But that wasn't the surprising part. No, Maya had expected him to help her up. The surprising part was the fact that he kissed her right before he stood up, and hadn't stopped until after she thought she was gonna fall again as soon as he let go of her. Needless to say, she was correct.

Josh let go of her to start to walk back to the apartment, and just barely caught her before she hit the ground.

"Maya Penelope Hart, what am I going to do with you?"

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews, do whatever you want with me."

She gulped as his eyes got darker, but he just kissed her quickly, and they went back to their normal color.

"Let's get back to your favorite person in the world, shall we?"

They snuck into the apartment through Riley's window, and the girl in question was sitting in the bay window.

"I covered for both of you," Riley said. "I told them that you must've gotten jealous and gone back to the dorms, Josh, and Maya, you passed out shortly after Josh left. Josh, sneak back out through the window, and go back to the dorms. Get freshened up, change your clothes, and come back over."

Josh stepped back out the window, and Riley called out to him one more time.

"Oh, and you may want to wipe the lipstick off the corner of your mouth. That's Maya's signature color, didn't ya know?"