Girl Meets Crush

Maya's POV:

I was sitting in the Matthews' living room, in (C/N)'s arms, smiling at him. Of course, he was just a part of my greater scheme. Before you ask, he knows that I'm not really interested in HIM. I just knew Josh was going to be at Riley's, so I may have asked if he could help make Josh a little bit jealous. I didn't threaten him to make him agree, either! I'm a better person now.

"You're AWESOME!" I said, laughing at him. Now, onto part two of my plan. The first part was just letting Josh see him.

"Operation Kiss." I whispered, leaning closer to him than I've been to a male in over two years. He placed his thumb over my lip, so he didn't actually kiss me. But what Josh didn't know wouldn't kill him. Right?

"Maya?" I heard, but continued acting like I was too engrossed in (C/N) to notice anyone else.

"MAYA!" Riley shouted, and we "reluctantly" pulled apart.

"Yes, Riles?" I asked, looking at Josh. He was glaring at (C/N), but I wasn't TOO worried yet.

"You. Me. Outside. Right now!" Josh said, pointing outside the door. (C/N) started to go outside, but Josh cleared his throat. "Not you. Maya, outside, right now!"

Surprised, I did as he said. I was nervous, but oh well. Not like Josh would hurt me.

"I know what you're doing, Maya Penelope Hart! You're trying to make me jealous!" Josh said, lowering his voice. "A girl, as beautiful as you. Trying to make a male jealous. I'll admit, you've got the guts for it. But do you have the courage to bare the punishment?"

"T-the punishment? W-what punishment, J-Joshua?" I asked, now nervous. What had I done?

Josh's POV:

She was scared. I hated seeing her like this. All vulnerable, but at the same time, it kind of made me happy that she decided to make me jealous. Because, now that I'm jealous, I have an excuse to do something I've been denying myself for three years.

"Maya, what did we promise each other at that ski lodge that night?" I asked, knowing she'd know what I meant.

"Someday."

"What else?"

"The Long Game."

"Yeah, Maya. The Long Game. Someday. And as much as you 'love' (C/N), I know your ploy. Use my old friend, who stole my girlfriend in the past, to make me JEALOUS! Well, guess what? It didn't work, Maya. Because I know your REAL feelings. And so do you. Stop me now, if you're feeling uncomfortable." I warned, leaning towards her.

"Josh, we can't-" Maya said, but was leaning towards me as well.

"Why not?" I asked, stopping a breath's length from her lips. She hesitated, and I waited.

"Because-" Once again, Maya stopped. "Because, you just broke up with (Y/N)! I'm not going to be a rebound, Joshua! I refuse to lower myself to THAT standard."

"Maya, you've never been a rebound. You WILL NEVER be a rebound." I said, but she ducked under my arm.

"Josh, I can't-" she said, and I nodded.

"I understand, Maya. I waited too long. I'll see you around. Tell Topanga that I went back to the dorms, will you? I don't feel well right now." I said, heading outside into the cold New York weather. What did I just do?

Maya's POV:

I watched Josh head out into the sudden storm that New York liked to surprise us with sometimes. I almost stopped him, but I couldn't go back on my decision now. But I did have to wonder-

What did I just do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Final Word Count- 576

AN- One of my shorter chapters. Wow. Maya and Josh came pretty close to kissing. So, (C/N) is a girlfriend stealer, huh? And Maya knew? Josh couldn't force her to kiss him, so he gave her a choice, like the good guy he is. But did Maya really want to stop him, or was she panicking? And what happens when (Y/N) and Maya meet for the first time? Guess you'll just have to figure out in the next chapter.

Quote of the Day-

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will."

-Suzy Kassem

Question of The Day (QOTD) -

Are you more a dog person, or a cat person?

Answer of The Day (AOTD) -

I feel bad answering this, because I have both. I have a male cat named Gracie (we thought he was a girl when he was smaller, but now we call him Crazy), and a female dog named Coda (got her from my uncle, he LOVES Brother Bear). So, either way, I'm betraying one of my pets. 😭😭😭 I have to go with dogs, though. My Coda is an amazing dog, even though she's getting older. She wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone a human being. Unless your intentions are bad, then you might want to watch out. I'm done with the answer of the day now. If you wanna answer, feel free. I'd highly appreciate it.

- Keegan ❤️ -