as predicted, the two boys were waiting for her at the gate. but aera was surprised to see them glaring at each other.

"나왔어 !" aera announced as she approached them.

"noona! how can you date him, you've never even mentioned him before and he doesn't even know anything about you! he doesn't deserve you!" jungkook insisted, glaring at taehyung.

"are you trying to persuade her to break up with me in front of me?" he scoffed. "that's rude. and besides, i know stuff about aera... she likes cheese ramyun."

"so? you don't know that her favourite colour is maroon, or that she likes to sing on the weekdays and rap on the weekend, or that she eats her rice first and her dishes last. you don't know anything, so why are you her boyfriend."

aera stilled, touched that jungkook had bothered remembering all the fine details about her, and was even looking out for her by testing taehyung. but of course, that would blow her cover and that was the opposite of what she wanted. "we haven't had the chance to talk about that kind of twenty questions shit kookie, we talk about other things..." she explained, more like lied.

jungkook just stared angrily at the both of them, clearly in denial. he poked his cheek with his tongue, confusing aera as he normally did that when he was jealous. "whatever. i'm heading home first."

_

another week of aera and taehyung "dating" had passed. since jungkook made a point regarding how little they knew about each other, aera immediately forced taehyung to engage in twenty questions with her on their walks home together.

surprisingly, they had a lot in common. they both liked dogs, played instruments, preferred sweet over savoury foods, and craved cheese ramyun. only she craved it once a week and taehyung craved it everyday (mainly because it reminded him of home).

she also found out that taehyung aspired to be a singer. he had moved to seoul to pursue his dream, going against his parent's wishes, but he still missed them dearly.

"it's scary, moving to a big city all alone, especially with no one supporting you. my life revolves around music, but i can't make a living unless i make it big. they're scared i will fail, so i told them i would come here for education. i've went for a few auditions, but i guess i'm not good enough..." he confessed.

aera felt horrible. he sounded so defeated. perhaps she had judged him wrongly in the beginning, he wasn't a bad boy at all, just a guy chasing his dreams. she mustered up some courage and placed her hand over his, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"sing." she said, staring up at him. "you said you're not good enough. i'll be the judge of that."

taehyung's face portrayed no emotions as he stared blankly at her. aera was worried that she had crossed the line. they had only met for a week, and she couldn't exactly say they were friends... had she asked for too much?

but then suddenly, an angelic low melody passed from his lips silencing her thoughts. it was rougher when it hit the low notes, but that added definition to the song. and when he hit the high notes, aera was stunned. his vocal range surprised her as she heard him hit every single note of the song.

the song was sad, written about someone confessing their sins while feeling immense hurt, and taehyung portrayed the emotions with his voice. he was telling a story through the song, and his sadness was so believable, aera could feel it. she also felt like she wanted to cry.

for three minutes, she felt like they were trapped in time.

near the end of the song, she felt her fingers slipping from his when he quickly grabbed it tightly, opening his eyes as he sang the last lines.

she didn't know what overcame her, but she suddenly pulled him in for a hug. "that was beautiful. thank you for letting me hear that."

drawing away, she frowned. "i don't understand why any company would reject you! that was so... it was better than anything i've ever heard!"

taehyung blushed lightly and explained," I wrote it myself... but the companies said it was too dark..."

"that's not an excuse to pass up such amazing talent!" aera exclaimed, surprising the both of them. "if no one will support you, then i will. fake girlfriend or not. ok?"

he nodded hesitantly causing aera to grab his face and squish it together while pulling it towards her. "you have the talent, i promise i'm not making this up. i know we got off on the wrong start, but i guess fake dating makes us automatically friends. meaning that i will support you and your dream. i'll be your first fan!"

taehyung smiled, amused and hopeful. "what happened to the rude girl who couldn't take a joke? why is she suddenly so nice to me?"

"hehe because you need to pursue your dream, enter the industry and remember me as the girl who supported you and practically started your career, and then introduce me to all your idol friends!!" aera teased jokingly.

taehyung just wrapped her in a hug, and aera blushed before returning it. "thanks. I really needed that rara." he said as he moved out of the hug and grasped her hand.

aera scoffed and hit him, but remained silent as they walked back home.

hand in hand.

___________________________________________

나왔어 (na-wa-sseo) : i'm here