"you want me to what?"

aera blushed like a tomato, still a little shocked that she had decided to rope taehyung into her mess.

"please... just a peck... or i can do it! i-i mean i just need her to believe me." she stuttered.

taehyung grimaced, before finally agreeing. "no way. you're so weird!"

"yah!" aera exclaimed almost a little too loud, before she caught herself. "it's not like i want to, i just need to prove sooji wrong!"

"tch. i bet you're trying to manipulate me because of my looks." taehyung deadpanned.

aera glared, infuriated. just mere seconds ago, he had said they were friends and that he kept his promises! "we had a deal."

huffing, he glared before saying"give me your phone!" annoyance leaking into his tone.

aera handed to him, almost not believing that this was happening. one of the cutest guys she had ever met in real life, was about to kiss her on the cheek. only he was also one of the biggest jerks she had met in real life.

"aera! come here! you can't be so far away!" taehyung said, asking her to drag herself closer to him.

he lifted up her phone, adjusting it while trying to find her right angle.

"come closer! make it super obvious so she has no choice but to believe!" he insisted, pulling her chair to sit right next to his.

"aniya... this won't do. sit here!" taehyung directed, gesturing for her to sit in his lap.

bwoya?! aera was stunned, flabbergasted, confused as to why taehyung was putting in so much effort.

"빨리빨리 before i regret!!" he called, before pulling her into his lap. aera blushed in surprise, and barely had time to react when he suddenly kissed her on the cheek. and then stabbed her in this side, causing her to squeal and burst into giggles.

CLICK. and just a second later, she felt taehyung's warm lips move away.

aera couldn't help as the blush from her cheek spilled down her neck. his kiss on her cheek had caused her heart to beat so many times, she thought it would explode.

i mean... it's not everyday you get kissed by a hot guy...

she stared at the picture that taehyung had taken. he wasn't wrong... they did look like they were dating, with how taehyung had wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling adoringly at her while kissing her cheek. her cheeks were stained red and because of taehyung's unexpected tickling, her expression was one of joy, catching her mid-laugh.

it looked as if she was smiling in surprise from his kiss.

aera was stunned by how "in love" they looked. but of course, taehyung immediately bursted her bubble when he remarked. " i know i'm a great actor, but don't get the wrong idea, i don't like you, so you better not fall for me. and i finished your favour already."

she scoffed, feeling annoyance bubble up inside of her. "ha! fall for you? as if anyone would like a jerk like you. you think i enjoyed it?! i'd rather let a frog kiss me."

his eyes widened in shock. "ya! you're so harsh! any girl would kill to even touch my hand! my beautiful lips touched your nasty cheek!"

"MY CHEEK IS NOT NASTY, YOU ARE!" aera shouted angrily as she threw chopsticks at him.

who does he think he is?! he's so cocky and arrogant and UGH. his shitty attitude completely overrides his looks. and i even offered to be his friend! what a waste. she thought as she stomped back home.

less than a minute later, she heard footsteps and turned around to see taehyung walking behind her.

"are you stalking me or something? go home!" she shouted, glaring at him.

"this is the way to my home." he shouted back with an equally sharp gaze.

she stopped walking and narrowed her eyes at him. "prove it then! walk in front of me." she huffed, stubbornly.

"with pleasure." taehyung replied sarcastically as he trudged forward. she waited until he was a good distance away before continuing behind him.

along the walk back to her house, aera suddenly realised how dark it was. when she checked her phone, she was surprised to see that it was already 9pm!

she wrapped her arms around herself, feeling more alert.

and then, she heard a rustle.

it's just the wind aera. don't be afraid. she tried telling herself, and it almost worked, before she heard a crash.

her eyes widened in fear, and she quickly sprinted forward, only slowing down when she reached taehyung.

taehyung stared at her wordlessly with his eyebrow raised. "someone's eager to be in my presence... funny because the same person thought i was stalking her just a few minutes ago!"

she side eyed taehyung, wanting to make a snarky comment. in the end, she decided not to, as she was scared he would leave her alone if she annoyed him.

"don't misunderstand. i just heard a loud noise over there..." she said, semi pleased that her voice didn't shake, revealing how scared she felt inside.

he didn't even turn to look at her when he scoffed. "you sure it's not an excuse to get closer to me?"

aera jerked to a stop as she stared at him. "what is wrong with you. first, you accept my friendship, and then when i ask you for a favor you suddenly act like a huge jerk, and make a big deal out of your looks. and then, you insult me, delusionally thinking i like you when i don't even know you that well." she growled, briskly speeding past him.

what a jerk.

___________________________________________

빨리빨리 (ppali-ppali) : hurry up