Chapter 4 | Day 4 - Mall Trip and Friends

I barely slept last night. I was too worked up and nervous for today. I was actually going to spend the day with Bennett. Not to mention in a place I've never been before.

Bennett hasn't been much help at all. We were texting each other pretty much all night, just getting to know each other more before today. However, Bennett was a little bit hesitant throwing out major information about him, it's understandable though. Somethings are just better to say in person. Or sometimes people prefer to talk in person, rather than over the phone.

Also, he refused to tell me the plans for today. He wouldn't even tell me whose all going to be there with us. To be honest, I would like to be alone, just the two of us - in public, of course - but I feel like it is too soon for that. I really only had one conversation with him.

Right now, I was standing in from of the vanity in my room putting on makeup. I wanted to put a little more effort than normal, but nothing seems to be working correctly. It is just becoming one giant mess.

I sighed and threw down the makeup brush after failing to do a smoky eye for the third time. I angrily wiped it off and figured I would just do my normal wing. That will look good enough.

I was starting to run late anyway. Bennett and I agreed to meet at his house since he has a car and knows where we are going. We figured a good time to start would be around eleven in the morning that would have given me enough time to get ready.

But right now, it's about 10:30 and I am nowhere near being done. Not only do I have to fix my makeup, but I also have to do my hair and get dressed.

After decided that whatever I manage to save for makeup, I threw my hair into a double French braid, so that way I could still wear a beanie. Even if I don't like the cold, I am still going to look amazing. Plus, I never really get to wear a beanie back home. I am going to take full opportunity of that.

Getting dress was the easy part of getting ready. I had figured that it would be difficult this morning, so I went ahead and set out an outfit the night before. Plus, it helped since I couldn't really sleep.

I had picked out a pair of army green colored skinny jeans and a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket. I figured that this outfit was good for pretty much anything. Plus, I could easily pair winter boots with it if I needed to. It should be warm enough, and if it wasn't, too bad.

Bennett had said that he wanted to find out more information before giving me more details for what I should wear. I'm just waiting on that text. I think I got it covered pretty well.

He must read my mind or something because not much longer, my phone went off with the sound I spent all night searching for Bennett. It isn't anything special, just sound effects of how I feel when I look at him. The nerves kicked in more as I realized that this was actually happening. I was going to spend the day with him.

I was actually going to spend the day or even just a few hours, with someone as gorgeous as Bennett. The nerves powered up even more once I actually remembered that I know nothing about Bennett. Pretty much absolutely nothing. Last night barely helped. We only talked about our favorite things. That lasted for three hours until I managed to fall asleep on him, without trying to. I just hope he won't mention that today.

But knowing Bennett's favorite color, favorite song, and surprisingly, his favorite book does not help at all. I don't even how what his family is like. I wanted to know more about the real stuff. The stuff that really matters. That is my fault though, I tried to stay clear from anything that involves my family, so I didn't return that favor. However, that might change.

My phone went off again, letting me know that two minutes had passed since Bennett first texted me. I turned my attention back to my phone to finally read his message.