Chapter 6 | Day 6 - Card Games and Hot Chocolate

"So, since you decided what we did yesterday, then I get to decide what to do today," Bennett said smiled looked over at me.

"Fair enough," I nodded, glancing up at him. After a second passed I added, "should I be worried?"

"Nope, not unless you think you should," he grinned. "But seriously, you don't have to. I won't pick anything too intense."

"Alright," I said, not knowing how else to respond.

After eating the breakfast that Aunt Ruby forced me to have and made me update her on everything. That is one thing about her that is kind of annoying, I don't like it that I must share everything that I am going to be doing for that day.

Then again, it is kind of nice. Because then I know that there is always someone I can talk to, no matter what.

We were running out of ideas to do today. I didn't really want to go back outside. Don't get me wrong, yesterday was amazing. After my snowball throw and his adorable shocked reaction to it, a snowball fight broke out. It was one of the best things I have done in a long time. We must have been out there for hours, just laughing, throwing snowballs and messing around.

But I eventually wasn't able to hide how cold I was, and Bennett noticed. It probably wasn't a good idea that I went without snow pants. I guess they are useful. Even though they are really ugly and thick. Bennett had taken one look at my chattering teeth and shivering body and suggested we go inside.

As soon as we got inside and undressed from our heavy winter clothes, Bennett went straight to his room and returned with a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants for me to change into since I had managed to soak through my many layers.

I thanked him and took the clothes and headed to the bathroom, ready to change out of my soggy clothes. Once I had returned to the kitchen, Bennett had made each of us hot chocolate.

"Kendall?" Bennett questioned. "Are you okay? You keep drifting off."

I shook my head once more, bringing back to reality. "Yeah, sorry. I'm okay. I was just thinking about yesterday."

He grinned, "You want to go outside, again?"

My eyes widened, and I shook my head violently, "No, no. I don't want to do that. I was just thinking about it. As much I enjoyed it and had fun yesterday, there is no way I want to go back out in the freezing cold again."

Bennett laughed and held his hands up in mock surrender, "Relax, I was just joking. We don't have to go outside the rest of the time you're here. I am content with just staying here, inside. As long as I am with you."

When he said that, I felt bad. I don't know if it was because he's from here and actually enjoys the cold or if it is because he is trying to comfort me. But I also felt amazing with the end of his statement.

Does that mean he likes me? Like I like him? I couldn't help but wonder. That would be amazing and make me super happy.

"No, it's fine. Sorry, Bennett. I didn't mean it that way. I'm just not used to the cold. We can go back outside if you want. I want to learn about all you like to do for fun in Minnesota," I said, making sure to keep eye contact with him.

His eyes met mine and they stayed there for a while. I loved the feeling of his eyes on me. He looks at me with such caring, comforting eyes. Like he wants to make sure everything is okay. Like he wants to know everything about me and what goes on with me.

I want to know all about him as well. I am pretty sure I have the same kind of emotions in my eyes. Though I am holding some back, I don't want him to be overwhelmed with how much emotion I can share to him.