Chapter 9 | Day 9 - Snow Falls and Words

"Okay, you ready?" I could hear Bennett ask from behind me. But I couldn't see him, nor could I turn around to see him.

I opened my mouth to respond, but all that came out was muffled sounds. The sounds were so muffled I couldn't even understand what I was saying. I highly doubt that Bennett could hear me. so because of that I tried to make my response more apparent through my body movements. I spread my arms in the air, maybe a little too quickly, because the next thing I know it was falling face forward into the snow.

The cold and freezing snow assaulted my face, it filled any whole I could find - my nose, in my mouth, and even in my eyes. I was shocked, confused, and flabergasted. What the hell had happened?

As soon as my body hit the snow, Bennett started laughing. It wasn't a small little chuckle. No, instead it was a full on belly laugh. A laugh that had such a powerful sound, but after time passed no noise came out at all. It progressed into a silent laugh.

That was the best sound ever. I don't even care that he was laughing at me and my fall. I am just glad that I was able to hear his laughter. This is his real laughter, not some fake stuff he uses for something stupid I found on the internet that I thought was histerical and needed to show him. He would see how excited I was and would try to force a reaction that didn't nearly measure up to mine. This laughter was more than one he had when Danny or any of his other friends would tell a stupid joke.

This was a real laugh. One that I strived to hear. A laugh that I wanted to hear all the time, for the rest of my life.

Eventually Bennett attempted to sober up,"Kendall?" pause for laughter, "You okay," another pause for laughter, "down there?" more laughter followed, "did you enjoy your snow fall?" Once again Bennett's laughter came back in full force.

Okay, his laughter is starting to get old now. As well as very, very annoying.

Especially because I am still lying here, face down in the freezing cold snow. My breath was starting to melt the snow around my face so now it liquid was filling my mouth. It was a disgusting taste, snow in general tastes bad. I don't understand why people love to eat snow, its werid. Honestly, I am surpirsed by the sheer amount of people I have seen grabbing handful of snow and eat it.

I understand why people stick their tongue out to catch snow flakes. That is diferent and enjoyable. Also kind of a right of passage fo the winter season. I think that is acceptable. It can also be kind of romantic to do with another person.

Surprisingly something that Bennett and I haven't done yet.

Probably because it hasnt snowed since I have been here. That is the one silver linging to the cold dongune that is Minnesota.

Well, thats a lie. The biggest silver lining is Bennett.

I cannot even thank him enough for simply existing. Much less spending all this time with me, taking me on all of these trips, exploring Minnesota and what amazing things it has to offer.

Once again, the biggest and best thing it has to offer is Bennett.

Although right now, he isn't that best thing to offer. Considering he is the reason why I am face down in the snow. And the fact that he had been laughing at me for a long time now. It doesn't seem like it will be stopping anytime soon. This has been going on for so long now, way longer than I could ever anticipate.

I am cold and annoyed. These two feelings are progressing more and more with every passing moment.

I am still face planted in the snow. My arms are spread out flat across my sides in spread eagle, my legs straight below my body. I couldn't move my body if I wanted to. Trust me I want to, I wanted to so badly, snow was melting and getting in places that snow should never be in. I was getting wet, and it was so uncomfortable.