Tell me you love me

The wedding between myself and John was beyond words.

Tommy didn't attend. That was a shame.

He claimed he had business that was of importance and therefore would make an appearance at some point in the day - he stuck to his word alright.

"You'll be alright now love won't you?" Polly questioned as both her and Ada wanted to prepare themselves. I nodded, and smiled gently.

I then began staring at myself in the mirror as I admired my young frame, and characteristics.

I had a picture of John on my sideboard on the desk which sat before me.

He wasn't much a fan of pictures, but he allowed the one for my admiration sake - he was the apple of my eye.

I held the picture up, and gazed over it as I thought to the moment before John left

—// flashback

"Could I have a word?" He inquired as I poured a cup of tea for myself.

It was 6:00 am.

The boys would be leaving at 10 am to set out for the war.

I didn't know how to say bye to any of them.

"Of course John boy - hey look! There was four!" I joked and he smiled, chuckling to himself.

His smile brought butterflies to my stomach.

I knew him going away would hurt.

"Alright you joka' - I was just thinking. You've always been around Indi. Ever since I could remember. And what if we don't make it back? You've been the back bone of this family and I know you don't rely on us but..."  I remember sitting next to John,  watching him as he spoke with nerves.

I was waiting to see what it was he had to say, as he was right - I didn't rely on the brothers, but they were my life.

"Yes John ... you rely on me!" I exclaimed and he nodded, laughing along. "I am the backbone to this family - it's publicly known"

"You're completely right. But that's not my point." He glanced down at his hands, fiddling around with them - something he always did when nerves were making an appearance. "I was wondering... what your opinion was on love?" he asked, taking me aback.

He refused to look at me when speaking .

I started to think to all the times Charlie would thread the idea of John admiring me a little more than the others - than Tommy.